Associate Content Editor
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
This was removed by the employer on 10/2/2023 5:18:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Associate Content Editor jobs in Austin-TX
Search all Associate Content Editor postings
Full Time Job
(S) Associate Content Editor
The seasonal Associate Content Editor is responsible for developing and curating content for sxsw.com and social media channels managed by SXSW, LLC, specifically focusing on the Conference programming vertical. This role is for a motivated, organized, and creative individual with strong attention to detail and excellent writing skills. The candidate is ready to tackle various content marketing challenges in a fast-paced and unique environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
• Organize content assets for Content Marketing across various campaigns and promotional needs.
• Manage Conference campaigns for the website and social media channels.
• Liaise with the Programming Department and Track leads, collaboration, and campaign reporting.
• Write blogs and generate social media content related to the Conference, including announcements and programming highlights across 24 Tracks, session formats, trending tech topics, recaps, and more.
• Assist with website updates, including building pages, layout formatting, and SEO.
• Research, create, and edit social media copy across all SXSW channels.
• Monitor and respond to community questions on social media channels.
• Curate content, including photos, videos, and quotes from SXSW participants in real-time.
• Write blogs on programming spotlights, video recaps, attendee services, and more.
• Create and publish content from daytime Conference sessions to nightly festivals and awards coverage.
• Support late-breaking announcements and important event updates.
• Capture real-time vertical video based on daily content directives for Instagram and TikTok.
• Create various materials via Photoshop, including social media graphics and watermarking.
• Help monitor SXSW's social media accounts for community engagement and customer service needs.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree (Note: degree(s) in Journalism, Marketing, or Communications is a plus).
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Passion for writing, social media, and creativity is a must.
• Ability to work under pressure in a high-stress environment.
• Works well within a team and independently on projects.
• Self-starter who can multitask and solve problems quickly and accurately.
• Experience working at past festivals, publications, and/or social media teams is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of WordPress, Hootsuite, Airtable, Google Drive, and Photoshop.
Frequently required to sit and/or stand for long periods, with or without accommodation. Manual dexterity is required for keyboard, computer, and office equipment use. Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds. This position may require you to stay 10 days away from home during the event.
Work Location & Schedule
The position is located in Austin, Texas. Core business office hours are Mon-Fri, 10 am 6 pm. Must be available to work additional hours from January March, including evenings and weekends. Must be available for the March event; extended working hours onsite. This full-time, seasonal position runs from late October 2023 through March 29, 2024.