VP, Research Latin America and Canada
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
VP, Research Latin America and Canada
Sony Pictures Television seeks a Vice President Research for Latin America and Canada. This position leads the SPT Research presence in the region and plays an executive leadership role to drive analysis, planning and implementation of strategic projects. Based in Miami, the Vice President will manage the regional research team and be primary point of contact to prioritize and manage Research support for all SPT business lines in Latin America + Canada (TV Networks, Distribution and Production). This role will own audience measurement and content analysis efforts including trend analysis, franchise performance and custom research in support of strategic initiatives. The VP, Research will report to the Head of Global Research, based in Los Angeles.
• Design and implement regional business data strategy and lead the application of data and insights for SPT content/ brands across LATCAN markets
• Identify and prioritize data gaps and challenges across business units and propose solutions
• Dive the development of a data-driven culture and participate in executive decision making on company-wide issues of strategic importance (e.g. TV Everywhere, Advertising Models, SVOD)
• Support the Regional and Territory leads with proactive actionable data and consumer insights to maximize the value of SPT businesses
• Create partnerships with other functional teams to drive new solutions and a consumer-centric understanding of the media landscape across the region.
• Responsible for connecting research information across business lines and leading collaborative sharing of insights across all Sony Pictures businesses in the region
• Build and strengthen relationships with key industry data providers to identify opportunities for innovation and to improve their services
• Proactively promote research knowledge through open and collaborative discussions with executives, peers and client groups
• Work with direct reports in the creation and implementation of employee career development plans.
• Strong quantitative skills, including analytical TV research, ratings analysis and math proficiency.
• Expertise in the digital landscape (AVOD, VOD, SVOD etc.) and related measurement concerns, as well as new or emerging media technology platforms and devices (Mobile, OTT, ITV).
• Experience utilizing multiple primary and secondary data sources to create analysis and insights for business decisions including non-traditional
• Strong interpersonal, consensus-building skills, with ability to communicate and achieve results across multiple audiences within a complex organizational structure. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization.
• Strong visual and verbal presentation skills and experience leading and delivering insight at an executive level. Able to clearly articulate complex content to diverse stakeholders and be persuasive in communicating the organization's messages in a variety of settings including; client facing one-on-one communications, team settings and large presentations.
• Knowledge of commissioning and managing primary qualitative and quantitative research projects on a multi-market basis
• Fluency in English and Spanish is required
• At least 8 years of extensive experience in media (i.e. Television, Agency, etc.) including expert knowledge of research methodologies.Must have a strong understanding and ability to confidently inform executives about media math, research methodology and the consumer market dynamics of content distribution and production.
• Experience in developing, hiring and leading teams
Bachelor's Degree is required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Miami - Teleuno (SPTI) - FL01
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.