VP, Lines Of Business Category Management & Strategic Sourcing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Lines of Business Category Management & Strategic Sourcing
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Chief Procurement Officer, this Vice President position is a key leader on the Procurement team, managing the Lines of Business (LoB) Category Management and Strategic Sourcing efforts across the Motion Pictures and TV businesses. Together with their team, they will focus on strategic thinking, tangible results, cost savings, relationship development, and operating efficiency over a broad spectrum of spend approaching $2.5-3B in new media and technology, marketing, and across production, post-production, and distribution.
The VP will interface with senior executive leadership and contributors from multiples areas of SPE. Thus, the ideal candidate will have excellent facilitation and negotiation skills, strong project management experience, outstanding communication skills, and the ability to manage the interests and expectations of a diverse group of creative stakeholders. The candidate must have deep experience with category strategy development, process change management, and implementation.
They will also be responsible for developing a high-performing, diverse team that effectively collaborates with others within the Procurement department and the LoBs. As a key leader at SPE, the VP must embody and promote the values of integrity, empathy, transparency, respect of diverse opinions, and maintaining a sustainable workload.
• Follow structured project management methods and principles to execute complex, long-term category management and strategic sourcing initiatives
• Provide rigorous cost and market analysis (following models established by Global Sourcing and Procurement) that focus on reducing total cost of ownership
• Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the SPE Global Sourcing and Procurement Category Management and Strategic Sourcing methodologies
• Execute deliverables to completion with efficiency, robustness, and attention to detail
• Partner with the Procurement Operations team for the roll-out policies and processes that will enhance the overall amount of spend influence and total value created
• Support inquiries from Strategic Sourcing and LoB senior executives with financial, supply market, spend, and relationship opportunity analyses with strategic vision and industry awareness
• Continually assess market conditions and develop category management and sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company
• Meet clients' requirements for service, quality, and value at the lowest total cost
• Be aware of market trends/conditions that affect suppliers, costs, pricing, and the resulting impact to clients
• Leverage the team's capabilities, create an environment that is motivating, and provide opportunities for development
• Strategic mindset and proven analytical, problem-solving, project management, negotiation, and quantitative skills
• In-depth knowledge and experience with negotiation planning and strategy and managing collaborative supplier relationships
• Ability to quickly grasp and become expert in different creative Media and Entertainment supply industries
• Demonstrated excellence in managing and leading a team with a servant leadership mindset
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a dynamic set of internal stakeholders and external partners, including the ability to listen and understand differing perspectives, as well as influence a diverse set of stakeholders
• Ability to work in a demanding and dynamic fast-paced environment with the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
• 10+ years of broad-based business experience and understanding (e.g., management consulting or business development/strategy) strongly preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or related discipline
• Technically proficient with basic application software; proficient in MS Office Suite
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios