VP - International TV Production Operations
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
VP - International TV Production Operations
This is a unique opportunity to join the Sony Pictures Television International Production team to support the COO in the delivery of its commercial and business strategy.
As directed by COO:
• Assist in managing the current portfolio of SPTIP operating companies (Opcos) worldwide, including executive compensation deals, funding arrangements, corporate partnerships restructurings, etc.
• Manage the divisional and operational aspects of special projects from inception to completion, such as M&A (acquisitions and investments); strategy reviews; One Sony initiatives, coordinating as necessary with other Sony divisions, e.g., Corporate Strategy, M&A, Legal, Business Affairs, Marketing, Research, Worldwide Product Fulfillment, Facilities, IT, Sales, Finance.
• Where needed, assist Opcos to create and implement efficient organizational structure, ie; job descriptions, workflow analysis, implementation of Sony policies and procedures.
• Integrate new and existing Opcos into Sony infrastructure.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of SPTIP policies and systems to increase communication and collaboration between SPTIP Opcos and between Senior Management Team and SPTIP Opcos.
• Create and implement systems and procedures to clarify roles and responsibilities within SPT International Production divisions and between SPT International Production and other Sony divisions.
The role will also be responsible for working with teams of internal and external resources to develop and implement creative solutions to identified International Production business challenges. In particular:
• Build understanding of business problems and solutions through market intelligence, data collection & research.
• Create and deliver business recommendation/s, including detailed strategy & plans.
• Project manage to timely completion the implementation of final recommended solutions.
• Regularly update senior management with the status of all pending matters in a format approved by senior management.
• Coordinate the internal Sony approval process for actions, working with Finance and M&A teams as appropriate.
• Ensure that Sony always works in a culturally appropriate manner on a case by case basis and take all steps to enhance Sony's reputation as a partner internationally.
• Act as an ambassador for Sony at all times and conduct self with honesty and integrity.
• Travel as required.
Ideal candidate profile:
• A ''big picture'' thinker and strategist, able to stand above the day to day deliverables when required and contribute meaningfully to SPTIP's strategy, but who is also attuned to details required for successful execution.
• Very strong project management skills; experience managing large virtual teams across internal and external partners and driving the team to timely results.
• Excellent relationship manager - able to work seamlessly with all levels of employees & third parties including creatives in a variety of business scenarios.
• Highly international perspective – ie: cognisant of how an international environment operates.
• Ideally 5 years' plus experience in business management.
• Experience of working in a TV Production environment required.
• Project Management Skills – inspiring colleagues towards successful completion of project, within prescribed timelines.
• The highest standard in influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to build and develop strong partnerships.
• Diplomacy and discretion.
• Working inclusively and role modelling positive behaviours at all times.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Compelling presentation skills.
• Demonstrable analytical and numeracy skills – comfortable analyzing business plans and forecasts.
• MS Office Suite, particularly Intermediate Excel skills required.
• Familiarity with operating in International markets.
• Languages: proficiency in foreign languages desirable.
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is a division of SPE and one of the television industry's leading content providers. It produces and distributes programming in every genre, including series, telefilms, theatrical releases and family entertainment around the world and for every platform_ broadcast and cable television, first-run and off-network syndication and digital platforms. In addition to one of the industry's largest libraries of feature films and television shows, SPT boasts a current program slate that includes the top-rated daytime dramas and game shows, landmark off-network series, original animated series and critically acclaimed primetime dramas, comedies and telefilms. Internationally, SPT produces 6,000 hours of programming annually in over 70 countries. SPT is a leader in local language productions and maintains offices in 32 countries to better serve its clients and partners on a global scale. Additionally, SPT owns a network of interests in some 20 production companies around the world in Latin America, Europe, Russia, China and Australia through its International Television Production division (SPTIP)_