Vp, Finance - TV Production
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
VP, Finance - UK TV Production (Maternity Cover)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
The Vice President, Finance - UK TV Production maternity cover position is to lead across the UK production companies (Opcos), minority interest (MI's) projects working closely with senior management and local production teams within Opcos, Global Finance Office (GFO), Cap Gemini resource (CG) and Order To Cash (OTC) teams."
This role will be key in providing support to the Production Teams and Business Affairs teams in commercial decision making.
• Reports directly to the EVP DCFO WW TV Production and manages a team of up to 5 professionals (with indirect oversight of UK JV Finance teams)
• Pro-actively manage, oversight and responsibility for the UK International TV Production Finance teams, including liaison with Left Bank JV Finance team
• Provide financial decision support to UK MDs & business/production teams on all financial matters
• Coordinate and manage MRP (mid range plan), and annual budgeting cycles, presenting budgets to the International Production Senior Management team with UK MDs
• Oversight of greenlight modelling and greenlight memo production for new shows (for UK productions)
• Support production departments on questions around internal budgeting for all shows
• In collaboration with management define financial targets and goals
• Responsible for all aspects financial planning process (for the UK Production companies) both the income statement and cash flow. This includes mid-range plan, quarterly forecast, and budget processes.
• Provide UK management with analysis of financial results shortly after quarterly and year end close (working with GFO team), including an analysis of risks and opportunities across operating companies, comparison of budget to actual results, dynamic variance, trend, margin, etc. analysis.
• Regularly update senior management with the status of all relevant pending financial matters
• Ensure financial reports are accurately presented on a basis of IFRS
• Manage and oversee series Ultimates for purposes of financial reporting, and planning in accordance with IFRS
• Oversight of financial and business controls within the UK International TV Production business
• Partner with Business Affairs to develop financial models in support of talent and network negotiations for UK production companies
• Oversee and implement (as appropriate) reliable production cost accounting systems within each of the UK production companies
• Analyze and recommend any financial tactics for productions or other elements of the business, including restructuring and the like;
• Support and ensure necessary adoption, implementation and maintenance of Sony or SPE policies or processes
• Act as an ambassador for Sony at all times and conduct self with honesty and integrity
• Function as part of the business's Senior Management team while maintaining appropriate financial advisory and financial accounting independence
• Work effectively with employees, at all levels, across the business including the ability to persuade non-reporting colleagues to timely provide information necessary for the success of the business
• Travel as required Internationally
• A strong leader who can develop and motivate a highly competent team of finance and accounting professionals around the globe
• Typically 10+ years financial experience required
• TV production industry experience required, particularly with Scripted programming
• M&A experience preferable, including managing and modelling potential acquisition targets
• The highest standard in influencing and interpersonal skills, to build and develop strong company relationships.
• Demonstrable financial analysis financial projection skills, as well as IFRS (& US GAAP) accounting and financial reporting skills
• Creative and resourceful when it comes to problem solving and structuring
• A personable, charismatic and professional individual who is a team player
• SAP or Essbase knowledge preferred
• Strong MS Excel skills required
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong accounting / GAAP knowledge
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and PC skills
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of management
• BS/BA degree with accounting/finance focus preferred
• CPA (or equivalent) and/or MBA preferred
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London