VP Current Programming, Us TV Studio
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
VP Current Programming, US TV Studio
Sony Pictures Television (SPT), a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is one of the television industry's leading content providers. It produces and distributes programming in every genre, around the world and for a multitude of platforms. In addition to one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT boasts a current program slate that includes top-rated daytime dramas and game shows, landmark off-network series, original animated series and critically acclaimed primetime dramas, comedies and telefilms. The VP Current specifically will be supporting our scripted productions for the US TV studio.
The VP Current TV will be Sony's representative ''on the ground,'' ensuring productions maintain consistent style, tone, and attitude, including core series concepts, characters and story threads. Reporting to the Co-EVPs Current, the VP will coordinate all creative decisions, and ensure all notes on writing, casting, and editing are incorporated from development to production and post-production by interfacing with producers, directors and networks/cable/streaming partners.
• Ensure the quality and creative output of each assigned show
• Serve as lead problem solver with TV studio and outside producers on all production issues from prep through production and post
• Liaise with each network/cable/streaming partner on all notes for scripts, outlines, and written materials
• Partner internally with business affairs, production, diversity & inclusion, labor, marketing, PR, and casting to execute each episode/series at an exceptional level
• Partner with production to produce each show on schedule, on budget
• Grow and manage relationships with talent (writers, producers, directors, actors), identifying potential future creators and show runners
• Partner with development executives on series launches, marketing, press, activations etc.
• Ability to deliver high quality work in a financially responsible manner.
• Experience with a variety of formats, most importantly scripted hour and half hour
• Finely tuned management skills and diplomacy to deftly navigate complex organizations with a diverse mix of creative, analytical and show-biz personalities including show runners and network executives
• Must be able to generate high-quality material in a fast paced, dynamic environment; manage multiple projects at once; and flexibly respond to rapidly changing priorities.
• Capacity to work flexible hours including nights and weekends based on business need
• Excellent ability to present to and partner with senior executives
• Ability to continuously develop the creative ideas of assigned shows
• Strive to understand diverse audience tastes and preferences; understand cultural differences in storytelling
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in current/development
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in development is preferred but not required
• Familiarity with budget forecasting and production finance issues is helpful
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios