VP, Corporate IT, Workforce Management
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Corporate IT, Workforce Management (HCM / Workday)
VP, Corporate IT, Workforce Management (HCM / Workday)
Vice President, Corp Information Technology Supporting Workforce Management (HCM/ Workday)
At Sony Pictures Entertainment, we are in the business of creativity, making some of the most beloved film and television of all time, for every platform in the world. As the most creative and proudly independent studio, our future is boundless. Sony Pictures Entertainment is a division of Sony Corporation, a creative entertainment company built on a foundation of technology. Along with our sister companies, we create movies, television, music, and games that engage billions of people, connecting creators and audiences around the globe.
The Vice President of Workforce Management in our Corporate IT team will play a key role in implementing and supporting technology initiatives to drive an exceptional workforce experience in close partnership with the People & Organization (P&O) transformation team. The Vice President serves as the conduit to the business users and senior leaders with the primary goal of understanding the business processes, workflows, and information requirements of our workforce. The Vice President will interact with stakeholders from various business units, supporting current and future applications portfolio and related projects for workforce management of employees and contingent workers.
This role will engage with People & Organization (P&O) stakeholders at all levels of the organization as well as partner other business units such as Finance, Payroll, Legal, and Information Security. This role will align technology with P&O's business goals and transformation vision by creating a streamlined ecosystem that enables rapid organization transformation, supports exceptional service delivery, protects, and accurately represents worker data, and enhances experiences for the workforce of SPE. The ideal candidate will be flexible, adaptable, and focused on delivering high value IT solutions. This role is also responsible for identity management.
• Lead the development of a transformational technology strategy and roadmap for the Human Capital Management (HCM) ecosystem.
• Build confidence in the Workday and workforce data to use them to their fullest value globally across SPE, inclusive of becoming a foundational system for P&O transformation and workforce analytics.
• Identify and support appropriate integrations between Workday and other HCM solutions in the environment, including ServiceNow, Cornerstone, and Qualtrics.
• Deep knowledge of HR processes and a passion for leading large-scale transformational projects and technology enablement.
• Ability to identify and articulate options to stakeholders and influence decisions based on facts and analysis.
• Leverage existing strategies and recommendations from 3rd party consulting teams to articulate the business value associated with the proposed technical architecture.
• Plan, direct and manage project execution.
• Design production support staffing models that encompass the HCM suite of applications and all associated projects.
• Provide subject matter expertise on HCM processes and technologies to gain business value.
• Effectively solicit, elaborate, and communicate requirements and/or issues to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Manage all internal IT communications and activities with Information Security, IT development teams (if needed) and IT infrastructure teams.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, results-driven, and agile work environment.
• Serves as a global platform subject matter expert by corresponding with regional counterparts and developing a global governance and shared services operating model.
• Minimum 8+ years of experience in IT or related technical professions.
• Minimum 6+ years of people management experience.
• Demonstrated experience driving large scale implementations requiring process changes, project management and change management. Ability to influence and lead diverse stakeholders.
• Led or played a significant role in at least one Workday implementation project for a global company.
• 8-10 years of HCM Systems Experience.
• Experience with HCM data migrations.
• Proven history of IT expertise in either application support management (SDLC) or project/program management.
• Strong vendor management experience with both Human Resource technology vendors and outsourced service delivery partners.
• Experience in Human Resource tools and applications (e.g., Core HCM, Recruiting, Training, Benefit management systems).
• Familiar with ServiceNow HRSD and Cornerstone.
• Familiar with Identity management and identity tools such as Sailpoint.
• Agile/Scrum Experience (if not, training will be provided).
• Experience working closely with Information Security and IT Infrastructure teams.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Computer Science or related Information Technology degree preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios