VP, Corporate Communications
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Corporate Communications
The main responsibility of this role is to work closely with the SVP, Corporate Communications to manage trade and business media relations and involves developing and implementing strategic business and content communications efforts for the studio, executive communications, and crisis/issues management. The role will report to the SVP, Corporate Communications and will work closely with senior Sony Pictures Television (SPT) executives, business partners, and various internal cross-functional teams.
• The VP, Corporate Communications will be aligned with the SPT division within Sony Pictures Entertainment and be responsible for both strategizing and executing trade and business communications for SPT.
• Work closely with the SVP Corporate Communications and the SPT leadership team to ensure SPT's objectives, unique value proposition and accomplishments are reflected in announcements and key messaging.
• Manage all aspects of trade and business press activity for multiple SPT divisions, including production groups and the studio's distribution business, television series from development to production, as well as other SPT business news.
• Maintain strong relationships with trade reporters, fielding inquiries, clearing information with executives, producers, representatives and partners.
• Maintain close collaboration with network partners, SPT creative teams, producers and talent on trade and business press activity.
• Collaborate with SPT Talent Relations and Publicity team on consumer media communications to ensure alignment with SPT strategic objectives.
• Work with SPT Distribution Marketing team to provide communications support for titles that it distributes internationally.
• Draft and oversee written communication, including talking points, press releases, media alerts, pitches, etc.
• Closely collaborate with publicity, marketing, legal, digital/social media, research, consumer marketing, special events, and producers to keep consistent and aligned messaging across all activity related to SPT and its series.
• Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., Strategy & Ops, Marketing, Data Solutions, Research) to gather curated data and look for opportunities to turn into marketable stories.
• Work closely with SVP to secure and manage appropriate media interviews and speaking engagements for SPT executives that amplify SPT's strategic priorities and objectives, create corresponding presentations / talking points as needed.
• Manage executives at red carpet events / premieres / awards events.
• Provide media training to ensure executives are prepared and comfortable during engagements, as needed.
• Under the direction of the SVP, formulate strategy on crisis communications issues which includes liaising with all stakeholders, as needed.
• Proactively monitor external communities (e.g. executive, talent, and marketing communities) to ensure SPT messaging is resonating and deliver findings regularly.
• Track media coverage and follow industry trends.
• 10 + years of corporate and / or crisis communications / media relations experience from within the entertainment industry
• College degree required
• Strong existing relationships with key trade media
• Excellent judgment regarding what is newsworthy and/or how to position news as relevant to the media and their audience
• Exceptional writing skills
• Strategic, proactive, energetic with a big-picture mentality
• Ability to align department goals to overall business goals
• Creative and innovative thinker
The anticipated base salary for this position is $201,900 to $232,900. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01