VP, Brand & Creative Strategy
Sony PicturesUsa - Scottsdale - Pima Road - Affirm Entertainment, AZ
Full Time Job
VP, Brand & Creative Strategy - Pure Flix
Pure Flix is the worldwide leader in selecting and streaming faith and family-friendly media that changes lives, inspires hearts and lifts the spirits of members like you and those you love.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Marketing and serving as an integral member of the marketing leadership team, the Vice President, Brand & Creative Strategy is responsible for innovatively establishing the Pure Flix brand as a ''movement, community, or lifestyle media brand.'' In addition, the VP will directly engage with, research thoroughly and purposefully activate our target market as advocates. Correspondingly, the VP will lead activities that regularly measure, promote, enhance and protect the Pure Flix brand. Additionally, the VP will closely collaborate with channel leads and execute on creative applications to effectively position the organization to achieve clear acquisition, retention and win-back goals. This will include direct leadership of internal team members and external vendor partners in order to stretch creative innovation.
• Develop and implement an integrated brand marketing strategic plan to best position Pure Flix as the leader in streaming faith-centered and family-friendly media seamlessly on any device, broaden awareness to our targeted communities and increase the visibility of our organization to best achieve our organizational community growth objectives.
• Create brand strategy that will allow Pure Flix to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences in support of organizational goals.
• Recruit and manage professional, highly creative and innovative team leaders, members and effective vendors to support the development and execution of advertising strategy in alignment with the brand.
• Promote a high-performance culture bent on continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to creativity. Inspire, mentor and develop diverse team members using a collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
• Establish and monitor team member performance and personal development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance reviews and administer salary adjustments.
• Identify competitive challenges and innovative opportunities facing the organization. Work with the EVP and leadership team to recognize both challenges and opportunities and help chart pathways forward.
• Directly lead the creative process in advertising campaigns and coordination including video, graphic design, imagery, organizational presentations and pitch decks to prospective business partners.
• Drive innovative and out of the box thinking with respect to new ideas/programs/initiatives, with strong focus on the creative medium: visual arts, video, graphics and animation.
• Collaborate with Business Intelligence/Analytics teams to identify consumer learning needs and apply consumer insights to drive optimal campaign creation and execution across all channels
• Closely collaborate with digital PR/ social teams to provide consistent execution and campaign alignment with all paid media efforts
• Develop process for asset management, preservation, approvals both internally and externally. Ensure legal compliance of any assets provided by license and that external approvals are understood and documented.
• Identify, draw out, and capture positive member testimonials or experiences with our brand. Engage these audiences in meaningful ways that show appreciation and encourage sharing similar stories.
• Establish an annual brand research process and assimilate meaningful insights across the organization. Remain current on platform updates in social media channels, earned media and customer care tools and best practices.
• A clear and confident understanding of the target market including strong intuition regarding altitudinal shifts based on cultural changes
• Demonstrated proficiency in building and leading highly creative teams and creating options to solve brand and messaging problems.
• Excellent understanding of the media, advertising business, as well as creative services and it's day-to-day operations
• Solid understanding of ad-tech, social platforms, and research and measurement systems
• Strategic planner and innovative thinker – demonstrated ability to competently develop and implement annual communications plans, ongoing thematic quarterly/monthly campaigns and weekly tactical plans.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Superior management skills: ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
• Stature and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of high-performing leaders within the organization.
• Self-reliant, good problem-solver, results oriented with the ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
• Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written, oral and interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management.
• Strong analytical and project management skills
• Strategic mindset, with ability to make complex and difficult decisions
• Exceptional attention to detail and high standards of quality on all work produced
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Secondary language skill a plus (Spanish, Polish, French)
• Bachelor's degree and preferably an advanced degree in marketing or a related field with a bent for continuous learning.
• 10+ years of combined experience in marketing, digital communications, advertising and online member service or sales
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
USA - Scottsdale - Pima Road - Affirm Entertainment