Virtual Production Supervisor
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/8/2023 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Virtual Production Supervisor jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Virtual Production Supervisor postings
Full Time Job
Virtual Production Supervisor
The Virtual Production Lead is responsible for the hands-on management and integration of all virtual production assets with Vprod stage technology for assigned Sony SVS projects.
• Work with the Sony SVS Virtual Production Producers and Virtual Production Supervisors to generate an accurate estimate of the stage or on-set labor based on a thorough plan for the project in question; advise on putting together a crew list to effectively execute Virtual Production projects.
• Work closely with Engineering, Operations, and Dev teams to stay aware of all relevant active development within Sony SVS . Communicate clearly as a product owner/stakeholder to identify the priorities for Sony SVS stage teams.
• Supervise the onsite stage team in executing Virtual Production projects.
• Partners with the Engineering and Development teams in planning and execution of technology development projects, ensuring that priorities are in line with show/project needs.
• Supervises demonstrations and camera tests to prove capabilities and potential of Virtual Production techniques.
• Advise directors and cinematographers on best practices for using Sony SVS Virtual Production systems.
• Oversee Virtual Production stage crew by providing training, mentoring, and guidance on running shoots and projects independently.
• Evaluate and maintain virtual production needs and standards for potential and ongoing projects and ensure that documentation of these standards and approach plans are maintained per Sony SVS 's best practices.
• Train the location crew in Sony SVS best practices for on-set virtual production.
• Create and maintain various vendor relationships and stay up to date on hardware and software solutions related to LED displays, projection, video engineering and networking.
• Responsible for the delivery of good, captured data that plugs into the client's pipeline as well as working closely with show leadership to establish and maintain the color pipeline.
• Manage the Virtual Camera Dept and their team in the integration of camera tracking and mo-cap systems.
• Work with the VAD Supervisor and their team in the preparation for all virtual production shoots, including scene assembly and asset preparation and ensure asset and delivery pipelines are properly configured for each virtual production show.
• Ensure VAD dept has access to consistent reviews with filmmakers and are aware of photography requirements.?
• Work closely with other on stage technical depts ( i.e., rendering, camera tracking, color, DIT, etc. ) to ensure a successful shoot.
• Assist in creating a production schedule determined by previz and techviz throughput.
• Assist in Previz and Techviz creation and help convey director's vision to those teams.
• Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• 5+ years of experience with Motion Capture technology, VFX, and Physical Production.
• Experience with successful on-set client interaction and key creative collaboration.
• Track record of successfully delivering high-quality data in a rapidly changing environment
• Advanced knowledge of on-set digital acquisition hardware.
• Advanced knowledge of motion capture & camera tracking hardware techniques, and on-set pipelines.
• Advanced knowledge of LED and Projection display systems.
• Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
• Proven track record in leadership and mentorship of production stage crews.
• Knowledge of game engine and game-related technologies.
• Strong comprehension of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production.
• Experience in a visual effects asset and shot production pipeline.
• Advanced knowledge of still photography, film, cinematography and video production.
• Advanced knowledge of movie lighting and stage rigging.
• Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor-driven systems.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
Would be nice :
• Experience with video hardware and signals.
• Some experience with broadcast video systems is preferred.
• Must be highly computer literate with MAC and Windows as well as GSuite .
The anticipated base salary for this position is $142,000 to 190,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01