Virtual Production Producer
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Virtual Production Producer, SIS
The Virtual Production Producer will be responsible for producing virtual production at Sony Innovation Studios (SIS). A successful candidate will manage the entire process of virtual production (VP) for film and/or TV.
SIS is growing at a fast pace in the highly competitive market, driving innovation into the professional production technology for Motion Pictures, Television, and Gaming. The successful candidate will define and drive business strategy for SIS' virtual production services as well as create and execute SIS' and client's vision for Virtual Production. This person will work in close partnership with Production team, the Software Development team, and the Operation team within SIS. This person will also work closely with productions at SPE, SME, SIE and beyond.
The successful candidate will be an innovative leader in the digital production space with a track record of success in driving impactful change within a matrixed model. This person will think like a business owner and also serve as a trusted advisor to both the production clients and our executive leadership. Success in this role is measured in annual production contract value growth and effective client management.
• Partner with clients and key creatives (Director, Producers, VAD, DP and VFX Sup) and manage overall client relationship and day-to-day communications with SPE internal and external productions
• Review scripts, breakdowns and technical requirements for VP projects from beginning to end (development, pre-production, production, post-production), as well as identify/develop the right approach for creating each virtual production project
• Project budgeting, scheduling and cost controlling
• Prepare bid letter(s) and negotiate with clients
• Manage VP projects, track & report work progress and keep client updated on cost/schedule changes
• Manage personnel of Virtual Production projects
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with regulations and codes of practice
• Build tight relationships with key clients across multiple levels of the production at Sony Pictures and beyond
• 10+ year experience as a VFX producer with operational/P&L responsibility in production and/or enterprise software industry
• Understanding of virtual production technology and/or enterprise VFX software highly desired
• Strong scheduling and budgeting experience required
• Movie Magic Budgeting experience is preferred
• Work with key internal and external customers to ensure business is priced appropriately and transacted accurately using the highest ethical standards
• Strong relationships with VFX and Film Production vendors
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presence in front of senior executives
• Superb ability to manage competing priorities, work in a fast-paced startup environment and identify broader opportunities to meet/exceed the business plan deliverables
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios