Vice President, Localization
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Vice President, Localization - Funimation
Funimation is looking for a Vice President, Localization to join our team. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Office, the Vice President, Localization will oversee the entire production team working on developing both the subtitles and dubs in multiple languages for our Japanese anime shows. This role will oversee the creative production of our shows from translation through post production, ensuring the highest quality localization while retaining the original creator's intent. The ideal candidate has significant experience building and mentoring nimble creative production teams that deliver premium content on budget and on time. The VP, Localization also represents Production in senior executive meetings, providing insights on production schedules, budgets, and workflows that senior leaders require to make strategic decisions.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, and thorough. They will be able to pivot when necessary and have the ability to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
• Manage day-to-day operations of Production Studio and ensure high quality and on time delivery of projects
• Manage several functional teams through all aspects of operations, including hiring, training, mentoring, and gathering and providing frequent feedback; promote excellence and empower staff for success
• Implement effective company procedures and systems to keep productions running smoothly and to build out efficient communication channels between necessary departments including Acquisition, Marketing, Sales, and Partner Management
• Develop team goals, roadmap, and strategy consistent with Global Production objectives
• Hire, train, supervise, and set career growth plans for production executives
• Oversee team processes to support on-time delivery and on-budget execution for all projects in production, and post production in all global territories
• Build, manage, and maintain external vendor relationships to support scalable production operations
• Build scalable production management systems and protocols to support global, concurrent, high-quality production year-round
• Oversee the set up of production studios in multiple geographies globally that meet artistic and fiscal standards
• Oversee the set up of systems to manage budget creation and tracking on an aggregate and single production basis
• Manage budgets, schedules, and logistics on more complex or strategically significant productions
• Use foresight and planning to anticipate potential issues or roadblocks (i.e. financial risks, budget issues, scheduling conflicts, workflow issues, etc.)
• Work with the People team to optimize inclusive hiring, onboarding, training and mentoring processes as we scale production volume
• 15+ years of production management experience in film, television, branded content and/or advertising
• 5+ years of experience in management or leadership roles including experience scaling production teams and creating processes and systems
• Extensive experience working with celebrity talent and their teams
• Deep knowledge of production best practices
• Proven track record building and managing scalable production teams (small to midsize to large) that deliver world-class content on budget and on time at scale
• Superior knowledge of industry regulations and operational guidelines
• A strong network of production professionals, technicians, artists, and service companies globally
• Global mind-set: thinking and acting for both local and global needs
• Proven excellent leadership skills, with the ability to influence in positions of no direct authority and across international teams
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company ahead of any particular idea. Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization
• Highly articulate and an excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to communicate well with peers and senior executives, locally and in different regions
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
• Excellent people management skills and experience of managing teams, preferably through a period of change.
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios