Vice President, International Licensing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Vice President, International Licensing
Worldwide Consumer Products is the licensing and merchandising division for Sony Pictures Entertainment. Our department sells licenses to manufactures of soft and hard goods such as apparel, accessories, stationery, home décor, toys, collectables and games. Internationally, we work with agents around the world who represent our properties.
Worldwide Consumer Products currently has a new and exciting opportunity for a Vice President of International Licensing to join their team. Based on the studio lot in Culver City, California. This role will be responsible for international business development and management of licensing agents globally.
Core Responsibilities include:
• Oversee the international consumer products/licensing business including a network of agents in key territories
• Effectively communicate overarching consumer products film/TV strategies and collaborate with agents on goals, deliverables and financial targets for each property
• Guide and motivate agents on the potential licensing and revenue opportunities including identifying categories and retailers
• Synergize with Sony local theatrical and home entertainment offices on territory specific marketing, distribution and promotional activity
• Meet or exceed revenue targets and work with agents on budgets and forecasts on a quarterly basis
• Develop, organize and deliver IP related marketing assets to agent network including; brand decks, sizzles, research, topical news, retail pitches etc.
• Responsible for working with agents to develop and execute retail programs in the top retail channels in their markets
• Work with agents in securing best in class and innovative licensing partners
• Knowledge of local market trends, retail landscape and competitive activity
• Guide licensees from contract, product development and approval and sell-in of products to retail
• Attend licensing trade shows including BLE and Licensing Show
• Liaise with Legal and Finance department in order to help negotiate licensing contracts
• Review receivables with Accounting department on a monthly basis and work with agents on accounts receivable and royalty statement management
• Collaborate with global licensing colleagues to determine best in class and key revenue opportunities that can be extended to international territories
• Manage a Director of Licensing on assigned territories, help guide the development of this individual
/Qualifications and/or Experience Required
• Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
• 10+ years in the Licensing industry, with a history of selling licenses
• Proven experience in international property licensing and agent relationships, preferably with a major studio
• Excellent relationships with a network of existing licensees and agents in various international territories
• Strong and collaborative communicator, adept at managing client as well as internal relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong motivation and creative thinking skills
• Must be able to work independently, be pro-active and is a confident ''self-starter'' who is a creative, critical and autonomous thinker
• Communicative, proactive problem solver, flexible, adaptable, pragmatic and resourceful with strong organizational skills – works independently and uses own initiative
• Proficient in PowerPoint and Keynote
• Willingness and ability to travel to individual markets in the territory as required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.