UK Country Manager, Distribution & Networks
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
UK Country Manager, Distribution & Networks
The Country Manager, Distribution & Networks is a highly motivated, strategic thinking leader who shares a passion for content and driving business growth. This position is responsible for managing activity for the country across SPE television and home entertainment distribution covering all media, all distribution avenues (FreeTV, PayTV, SVOD, EST, Retail) and all the studio's feature films and television series product, both current and library. This role is also responsible for overseeing strategic responsibility, management and profitability of SPT Channels/Networks in country. Sony's linear and digital networks offer high quality film and television content from Sony Pictures and third-parties, as well as original content commissioned globally and locally.
Deal Negotiation, Business Planning and Strategic Positioning
• Overall responsibility for P&L for 3 lines of business- TV Distribution, HE Distribution and Networks.
• Strong financial and commercial skills are a necessity. The position carries budgetary and P&L responsibility and he/she will be required to report on these issues on a regular basis.
• Oversee operation of teams that could include; Sales, Marketing, Programming, Ad Sales, and Supply Chain. Liaising closely with Central teams where applicable.
• In-depth understanding of market and business risks as well as customer needs.
• Develop and implement successful medium to long term business plans for future growth in market.
• Identify opportunities and attainable ways to maximize profits, reduce costs and improve efficiency across the business.
• Represent the company effectively and promote relationships with major operators, content distributors, content producers, advertisers, advertising agencies and other groups in the country.
• Work with the Regional EVP Distribution and Networks, and other teams in the establishment of budgets, goals, priorities and strategies reflecting optimum market potential.
• Oversee HE supply chain in partnership with Central Operations team.
• Fully leverage the strengths of each line of businesses and identify ways to maximize profits, reduce costs and improve efficiency across the business.
• Oversee marketing implementation and promotional strategies supporting revenue driven retailers, distributors and Network partners.
• Sustain, develop and nurture strong and lasting relationships with key clients and partners.
• Responsible for providing strategic guidance on deal negotiations to ensure maximum value is achieved as well as lead important negotiations with key clients in country.
• Participate in setting and then execute processes and guidelines for all aspects of the sales planning process, including smart and aggressive windowing, pricing and product maximization, considering business objectives, market conditions, best alternatives.
• Make recommendations as to deal structure (including product, pricing, terms).
• In partnership with Regional EVP and Global/ Central Product Management team ensure that rights and holdbacks granted are optimized for market and in accordance with SPT practice and vis-a-vis other opportunities, both long and short term.
• Liaise often, closely and effectively with central functions in Los Angeles to ensure consistency in branding strategy for Channels.
Culture & Team Leadership
• Embody and promote values of Teamwork, Trust, Collaboration and Innovation
• Set clear and meaningful objectives for, and regularly evaluate performance of, direct reports.
• Leadership, inspiration and management of teams in offices across the region as well as JV/Partner Relationship.
• Focus on diversity and inclusion in hiring decisions and in team environment.
• Be a role model to the local teams and the rest of the organization, always looking to drive, motivate and inspire the long-term growth of people and the business.
• Drive and strengthen productive and collaborative relationships across other divisions at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Theatrical, Production, Legal, People & Organization, etc.) and with other Sony Corp. entities including Music, Electronics, Mobile, PlayStation, etc.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
• Strategic, innovative thinking, capable of assessing near-term and longer-term client, market and industry factors to inform critical decisions.
• Master of complex negotiations and skillful decision maker with an ability to quickly assess risk/reward. A steadfast champion of the company's objectives and needs, while maintaining great relationships with clients.
• Contribute to building a best-in-class and high performing organization by proactively sharing successes and learnings with other Country Managers and Regional EVP.
• Excellent communicator and leader as internal and external stakeholder management is critical to this role's success.
• Inspirational and inclusive leadership style.
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a complex studio environment.
• Has a good understanding of all aspects of the business including programming, acquisitions, sales, marketing, promotions, branding and the general media environment.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and attitude, professional and managerial courage, initiative and innovation.
• Media knowledge and experience in dealing with the Digital, New Media, Telecommunications companies.
• Credibility and strong, existing relationships within the region.
• Results-driven with strong customer focus and relationship management.
• Exceptional organizational and leadership skills and proven ability to unite, encourage and motivate teams.
• Proven ability managing effectively within a complex organizational structure.
• Outstanding leadership, management and collaboration skills.
• Regular travel required.
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favorable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, color, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable)
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London