TV Digital Marketing Coordinator
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
TV Digital Marketing Coordinator - Sony Pictures Television
Coordinator, Digital Marketing – Sony Pictures Television
The Franchise Marketing team positions, launches, sustains and builds SPT brands across all traditional and emerging platforms. Franchise building and consumer activation is key to driving business results throughout the multi-windowed lifespan of a series.
The Coordinator of Digital Marketing reports to the Director of Digital Marketing and is responsible for supporting digital and social marketing initiatives for Sony Pictures Television series to increase awareness and drive tune-in for the shows.
• Partner with the Director of Digital Marketing and Brand Team on building a constantly evolving SPT digital engagement strategy (series promotion, social platforms, digital series)
• Work with Digital Director and Manager to building overall digital strategy for each series
• Collaborate with Brand Leads to identify the best suited promotional platforms to broaden the reach of each show.
• Brainstorm on content ideation, understand assets to be provided by brand leads, and strategize on roll-out cadence
• Oversee show social profile set up and management, and assist in building official profiles, engaging with writer's rooms, creating private affinity groups during pre-production, and equipping them with strategy, ideas and content to sustain them
• Distribute social reports detailing performance, influencers, fan sentiment and engagement measurements of marketing asset releases, specific show or talent content
• Perform ad hoc research; i.e. research competitive campaigns, digital marketing initiatives, latest digital/social media companies in order to bring innovative strategies to SPT properties
• Assist in the management of content calendar for internal and external partners of partner and SPT show pushes, including SPE lines of business Merchandising, Home Ent, Music releases.
• Partner with Digital Team and network digital/social counterparts to oversee and manage the social embeds on shows, review content captured to ensure organized in digestible manner
• Manage talent-based social initiatives (Facebook Live, Live Tweeting, etc.), whitelist and verification of Talent and show handles, and maintain on a weekly/monthly basis the talent social grid detailing their followers/platforms
• Provide social guidelines and best social practices for Production, PR and Talent during Pre-/Production phase
• Capture content during events (Facebook Live, Instagram stories, Live Tweeting, etc.) and through Writers' Room and Production to specifically feed social profiles
• Work with the Digital Manager to build series influencer strategies (Bloggers, Celebrity Fans), Fan Clubs and Insider Groups, and build SPT series influencer and fan insider groups on key franchises
• Identify and work with social influencers on each series to build into larger program portfolios
• Build lists for each show of Series Influencers (Bloggers, Celebrity Fans, etc), Fan Clubs and Insider Groups to share with other lines of businesses
• A minimum of 1 year of experience working in social media marketing, entertainment preferred or internship experience.
• Skill with Photoshop, Illustrator, video editing software and other creative tools a plus
• Avid user of social networking sites including Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, reddit and Tumblr with solid understanding of the current feature set of each platform
• Ability to analyze and learn from reporting data and insights
• Deep understanding and passion for the entertainment, television, and digital industries
• Stay up-to-date on social media & digital news
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of web production processes and tools
About Sony Pictures Television
Sony Pictures Television, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is one of the television industry's leading content providers. It produces and distributes programming in every genre, around the world and for a multitude of platforms. In addition to one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, Sony Pictures Television (SPT) boasts a current program slate that includes top-rated daytime dramas and game shows, landmark off-network series, original animated series and critically acclaimed primetime dramas, comedies and telefilms. In addition to its US production business, SPT has 18 wholly-owned or joint venture production companies in 13 countries and also maintains
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios