Tristar Television Development Executive
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/26/2022 8:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Tristar Television Development Executive jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Tristar Television Development Executive postings
Full Time Job
TriStar Television Development Executive
TriStar Television Development Executive
SONY PICTURES TELEVISION STUDIO
TriStar Television, the prestige IP driven label within Sony Pictures Television, has produced acclaimed series such as The Afterparty, On Becoming a God in Central Florida, Good Girls Revolt, and The Last Tycoon. TriStar Television's mission is to pursue projects that feature diverse, authentic characters and champion underrepresented voices.
The TriStar development executive will assist in the development of the next great long-form series for program sale or license across all platforms and audience groups.
Position reports to the EVP of TriStar Television and will be based in Culver City, CA studio headquarters. The role could be a Director-level up to SVP, depending on experience.
• Identify content that aligns with Sony Picture Television's (SPT's) creative vision.
• Ensure original programs meet the company's standards for quality and content.
• Proactively solicit new material for television adaptation and development e.g., scripts, books, articles, new media.
• Scout festivals for creative talent and content.
• Review submitted scripts for development or evaluation of writers for open writing assignments.
• Build and foster relationships with the creative community; remain current on industry dynamics and talent.
• Leverage agency, studio, writer, producer contacts to bring in on-brand, on-model projects and partners.
• Oversee the development of materials for the sales process, e.g., pitches, pitch decks, sizzle reels.
• Strategize with executive management and producers on the best project sales positioning, sales tools, and overall sales strategy.
• Oversee the development of projects from initial idea to development sale, to series sale, to on-air exhibition, inclusive of working with external creative partners to develop and note story, outline, script and cuts.
• Work with finance, BA, and legal on financial and business issues related to series development, sale, and production.
• Interact and negotiate with executive management to provide direction on creative, logistical and editorial aspects of original programming in support of buyer's goals and Sony's revenue goals.
• Interact with critical decision makers to convince and influence business decisions.
• Champion on-screen inclusion initiatives and throughout the company.
• 7-10+ years of scripted executive experience
• Established, strong relationships with US content buyers and agents
• Credibility and existing relationships within the US creative community - writers, directors, producers
• Effective communicator - internal & external stakeholder management critical to success
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex studio environment
• Experience with international broadcasters in key territories, including co-productions and other funding models, desirable
• Relationship builder
• Innovative thinking
• Global perspective
• Organizational savvy
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios