Sony PicturesBogota, DC
Full Time Job
The Technical Producer (TP) is a process-oriented person responsible for the supervision and management of the media workflow granting their availability for the creative services and personal according to the high standards defined by the Company. Additionally, as part of his/her roll participates actively on the generations of new production standards in a closely relation with another Creative HUBs trough Creative Operations Director to whom he/she reports to.
The TP works closely and directly with the Project Producers, Content Coordinator, Finishing Producers and AdSales Coordinator on all assets required to execute the SPT´s team's needs.
The TP is in charge of the Project Manager Processes for approved cuts facilitating collaboratively with the integration of assets and campaigns according to other territories or region's needs.
The TP is responsible for the correct and constantly management, including maintenance, location and erasing of the material in the local storage of Bogota HUB with the IT technical supports if needed.
The TP supports the Art and Creative teams in searching, requesting and delivering all promotional assets including not only a wide range of materials for on-air and off-air promotion of the Networks but and also assets required by the Creative Services Teams to support Home Entertainment, Fast Channels, Marketing, Trade, SPIP Original Productions, Theatrical, One Sony and AdSales.
70% Manages the technical systems, the media workflows and the processes in support of production to ensure availability of materials to our clients according to the strategic planning and quality standards.
• Media Workflow management as a support for creative services, Creative Producers and Graphic Designers; responsible for the supervision of operational tasks such as exports and/or media transcoding required for the creative and post-production processes, complying 100% with the deadlines agreed with Creative Services, Creative Operations & Media Planning. This matter includes the verification that all the ingested content has been processed correctly, through technical, visual and auditory revisions of the audiovisual material stored.
• Management of the Digital Archive (temporary and historical) in the Bogota Hub server as well as the relationship with the Media Content/TechOps team with reference to the Media Center.
15% Analyzes workflow and assignments to ensure operations run efficiently; implements and enforces previously standardized policies and procedures.
• Prepares formats and presets for the processing of external requests: Affiliates, Sales/Tandem, Vendors, Marketing, Traffic through Sony Networks as well as SPE internals.
• Ensures domestic and international broadcast standards are maintained including video, audio, time code standards, subtitles, project structures, etc.
• Verify that commercial sales content sent through the executives comply with the parameters of sending to EDM.
10% Helps the Creative Operations Director to build optimized workflows for supporting the whole assets production and operations and document existing and new workflows for the Creative HUB.
• Reviews and suggests/propose constantly improvements in workflows and processes.
• Identifies opportunities to support growth and operational improvements; troubleshoots, suggests, and implements revisions as appropriate to streamline processes and increase efficiencies; designs and implements new processes/pipelines
5% Keep Creative and Art Directors, Creative Operations, Art and Creative Managers apprised of the material status and work.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in television, studio and/or post production and management of audiovisual media.
• Expert knowledge of international television and broadcast and compression standards.
• Must have a full understanding of the creative, video and broadcast production processes and digital streaming in SD and HD digital and 4K environments.
• Expert knowledge and experience in editing and non-linear editing systems such as Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects, Avid Media Composer or Final Cut Pro.
• Depth knowledge of digital image and television systems (Frame Rate, Frame Size, Video and Audio Bit Rates, Levels, Synchronization, Interlaced and Progressive scans, formats, codecs, etc.)
• Extensive experience in the management of video formats, encoding and transcoding for post-production & Broadcasting: MXF OP1a, Apple ProRes, MPEG H.264 and XDCam, mainly.
• Ability to finish and deliver film marketing and promotional audiovisual assets in a broadcast environment.
• Ability to finish and deliver multiple projects concurrently.
• Knowledge and experience in Media Log, management and traffic of audiovisual files.
• Knowledge and experience in Technical Quality Control TQC.
• Knowledge in digital files transfer/delivery platforms (Aspera, Signiant, Runner, Faspex, etc).
• Knoeledge and experience working virtually with systems like Teradici, VMWare, VirtualBox, Hyper-V and/or others.
• Solid Microsoft Office computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point OneDrive, SharePoint).
• Solid knowledge in computational devices both MAC and PC.
• Creativity, leadership, ability to think strategically, innovation, teamwork, ability to multi-task, communication skills, time management, prioritization skills.
• Grate capacity to accurately document work-related information via reports, scheduled work orders, etc.
• Management of assets and archives projects accordingly and understanding delivery.
• Self-motivated, quick to pivot and prioritize tasks to meet the objectives.
• Organizational skills with attention to priorities, details and problem solving showing an excellent response to work under pressure.
• Ability to solve strong problems creatively.
• Proactive rather than reactive, although her/him must have enough judgment to react to emergencies.
• Management of time appropriately and meets aggressive deadlines.
• Quickly and easily adapts to changing mandates, priorities and environments with flexibility.
• Effective multitasking capacity in a dynamic, flexible and collaborative environment that allows him/her to adapt easily and effectively to changes in processes, tasks and organizational structures.
• First line of defense with clients, raising red flags as necessary.
• Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers.
• Assertive communicator knowing and maintaining an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues to management.
• Excellent communication and integration skills that permits him/her to be a grate collaborative team player, generous with sharing input and can easily build on other's ideas.
• He/she is a leader and a collaborator who is eager to facilitate team success.
• Passionate about breaking new ground as new technology, new processes and new possibilities looking for always growth and increase her/him comfort zone.
• Knowledge in Languages - ?with excellent oral and written skills in Spanish - basic to intermediate level in English and preferably Portuguese as a plus.
Bachelor's degree on Electronics, Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering; Audiovisual Production or equivalent professional carreers that together with her/his proven expierence could fill important technical aspects required.
COL - Bogota - Calle 79A