Technical Architect SAP Finance & Accounting
Sony PicturesToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Technical Architect SAP Finance & Accounting
Each Technical platform has a Technical Architect, who is the expert of the platform in technical terms: knowledge of the application from feature and development standpoints.
The Technical Architect is a key link between Consultancy, Delivery and Support functions, and is being called upon by the various managers or Developers/Designers when expert advice is required.
In particular, the job holder will contribute to ensure that solutions and estimates proposed by the Consultancy teams are accurate and realistic, so as to avoid unrealistic promises to the business; and to ensure the commitment of the complete organisation to stated scope, timelines and budget.
Improve, enhance, adopt and maintain a stable Global SAP platform for finance, accounting, statutory reporting and its integration. Might support other areas based on expertise she/he has and project/support needs.
May evaluate solutions outside SAP, such as other ERPs, Custom Solutions and SaaS.
Improve, enhance, adopt and maintain a stable Platform. Seek for opportunities for improvement of the solution; design and propose/implement those proactively.
Requirements analyses, business process redesign, system design, specifications for developer, system configuration, testing, test management, manage offshore resources, user training, financial conversions, support issues, advice Global Process Owners
Scope for decision making
Solutions for electronics (US, EU), Playstation (EU) and other companies in scope of SAP West.
Build capability of team members onshore/offshore, as needed.
Ensure health of production systems and processes in Finance.
Budget Control and Tracking Latest Estimates and Actuals for Support and Projects in scope of work in Finance.
Qualifications & Experience
As for Application Designers/Developers:
• Recognised technical and functional expertise, ideally backed up by professional qualifications
• Analytical mind-set with a strong eagerness to learn
• Able to translate requirements into designs and code/configuration
• Understands his/her role in relation to the other roles of a Corporate IT organisation (IT Delivery Manager, Technical Architects, Solution Architects, Test Managers, Test Analysts, Controllers, etc.) and acts accordingly
• Team player, prepared to work with offshore in a geographically dispersed team
• Recognises the specific way of doing, and culture, of the organisation and adapts behaviour accordingly
• Able to update Manager or Team Leader on progress
• Contributes to a culture of ''transparency''
• Understands that concerns or issues must be raised as soon as discovered and not just when the delivery is due
• Able to share and document knowledge
• Understand testing principles and needs and can demonstrate a good understanding of what the key test phases are
• Self-motivated individual who takes pride in honouring commitments and can demonstrate a track record of continuous delivery as per commitments
• Proven experience of working projects as a full-time project member for a relevant duration (e.g. 6 months).
• Can demonstrate participation of several projects from initiation to completion
• Consistent level of performance throughout project delivery
Specific to Technical Architect
• Significant experience of a technical platform, as a Developer/Designer
• Recognised expert on the technical platform
• Very good understanding of the user and functional/technical solutions of the platform, interfaces, of the Sony bespoke configurations or development and a good understanding of the ''history'' of the platform
• Key decision maker in terms of design for the platform.
• A preferred point of contact for the organisation in case there are specific questions that require in-depth knowledge of the platform
• Accounting background, SAP Academy FI Certification
• Min of SAP FICO 10 years
• Global platform with common solutions, working with offshore resources, experience with projects-enhancements-support, international experience, experience working in a complex matrix organisation
• University degree in business administration, physics, mathematics, computer science, accounting and/or engineering
• Dev Ops experience
• Design, operation and management of regional/globally distributed platform (on premise/cloud)
• Intellectual capacity to understand most complex problems and explain them in simple terms to business users
• Stakeholder and risk management
• Experience (10 years is highly desirable) of some of the following technology platforms and systems: SAP ECC, BW, SaaS, Custom Applications, and Integration Applications.
• Fluency in English is required
• Highly committed and proactive
• Project Management expertise
CAN - Toronto - Gordon Baker Road - IT