Sony PicturesCulver City, FL
Full Time Job
The Systems Engineer, Packaging in the Global Client Services and Technology group is an active participant and a core member of a team accountable for the packaging, distribution and management of applications for the global SPE workstation environment.
The Systems Engineer, Packaging is responsible for analysis, scripting and development of applications for distribution to client endpoints. This includes new technology implementations, core software updates, automated software distributions, and software delivery via virtual or streaming technologies.
The position requires an emphasis on problem management, technical solution development, as well as building and maintaining positive business relationships with Sony global IT organizations, clients, business partners and vendors. Fulfillment of responsibilities must be performed with a minimum amount of supervision.
1. Application Packaging Analysis, Design and Implementation:
• Responsible for creating and developing deployment packages of vendor and custom applications to meet business requirements
• Package applications and software updates utilizing tools such as:
o Flexera AdminStudio
o Install Shield
o PowerShell Scripting
• Develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment
• Document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process
• Partner with application specific support (including vendors) to perform root cause analysis on packaging issues.
• Participate in preparation of materials and presentations for customers and management
• Identify, resolve and escalate to management various business issues as appropriate
2. LOB project requests:
• Partner with the business customer to understand requirements for creating seemless automated software installations. Includes design, build, test, pilot, and distribute the request to the client endpoints.
3. Provide verbal and written status reports to IT management and customers.
& Training Requirements:
• BA degree preferred
• Education & Training Requirements:
• Minimum 3 years in overall Windows Operating System technical experience
• Minimum 5 years recent experience packaging applications and application updates using Flexera AdminStudio
• Minimum 2 years experience utilizing Microsoft SCCM for automated software distributions
• Minimum 1 year experience with App-V or virtualizing applications
• Strong development experience, especially scripting, sequencing and packaging
• Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Powershell scripting
• A thorough understanding of how applications install on the Microsoft Windows platform
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Registry and ability to query and modify settings
• Ability to develop and maintain accurate and comprehensive IT documentation
• Experience as a contributor on mid-size to enterprise wide projects
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios