SVP TV Production
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
SVP TV Production
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating a robust portfolio of wholly-owned and joint-venture production companies across the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
The S VP Production for Sony Pictures TV S tudios is a senior production executive with a strong background in leading and strategically managing all aspects of production for assigned TV shows . T he S VP will direct pre-production/budgeting, production, and post-production for development and active production slate for scripted US TV . Reporting to the EVP Production , the S VP will work closely with p roduction f inance, p ost, c reative, BA, p eople & o rg, m arketing, and others to maximize production value and ensure successful delivery.
• Oversee planning and production, from pre-production through final delivery .
• Work closely with production execs and finance to establish schedule and budget for each production .
• Collaborate with studio executives to steer the scheduling, budgeting and staffing of projects.
• Collaborate with leadership to establish goals and assumptions and determine best production pipeline to meet the project needs.
• Aid in the management on shows – provide recommendations for getting the most value on screen.
• Help identify and hire production management teams on projects and steer them to successful completion, on schedule and budget.
• Review, manage and assess production progress and work with production teams to anticipate potential issues.
• S olve issues and clearly communicate risks and alternatives to executives.
• Manage workflow and communication with studio support teams .
• S upport production teams to successfully manage work with subcontractors.
• Collaborate with other studio execs to create consistency and best practices across all production and leverage talent and resources across the company.
• Stay on top of key industry trends, studios, software pipelines, and talent.
• 10 + years of progressive production management experience .
• Production management experience in various departments including pre-production and production .
• Wide industry knowledge of people and process .
• Familiarity with important production software, hardware, databases and asset management systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
• Experience in a large dynamic studio a plus.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios