SVP, Strategic Marketing and Research
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
SVP, Strategic Marketing and Research
The SVP, Strategic Marketing and Research holds several major roles in the Consumer Activation Team.
First, he/she is responsible for the Domestic and International Research Teams, and is the lead executive responsible for complete and total oversight of all research endeavors conducted by the department. This includes all creative testing, tracking, database upkeep, marketplace analysis and cross-divisional endeavors.
Second, he/she is responsible for the overall Consumer Strategy Team, building strategy for our movie marketing campaigns including positioning studies, brand studies, production research and custom projects.
Third, this position requires significant face to face meetings with high caliber filmmakers and the top executives of the studio.
Finally, he/she oversees 10 employees and is responsible for the managerial and administrative functions of the department.
This position requires constant exposure to all senior level management, including the Chairman and President of Worldwide Marketing and Distribution of the studio as well as all levels of filmmakers and executives. This position requires the ability to present findings, speak to any and all research activity, travel when needed and cross-divisional communication.
The expectation for the SVP, Strategic Marketing and Research is that he/she can continue to transform our company into a data-driven, consumer-centric, marketing organization, that is prepared of the future challenges of our industry.
• Extensive Movie Theatrical Research Background
• Extensive knowledge of Research Tools and Companies
• Extensive Data-Driven Marketing Expertise
• Knowledge of Marketing Technology Tools and Systems
• Movie Media/Marketing, including an understanding of the unique and quickly changing movie marketing landscape
• Digital Reporting Tools, including top Social Listening platforms, Social Insights (Facebook, Twitter) & Google/YouTube Analytics a plus
• Purpose behind basic statistical and modeling concepts (regressions, correlations, etc)
• Agency or studio experience a plus
• Excellent written communication, oral communication, presentation, and team building skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), with strong understanding of Excel (formulas, pivot tables)
• Experience with top social listening platforms a plus (Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Radian6, etc)
• Self-starter with high level of initiative
• Passionate, committed with a high level of energy
• Strong sense of ownership and urgency
• Must have an open communication style which takes into account managing expectations with multiple stakeholders.
• Manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Strategic critical thinker who also has a high attention to detail
• Analyze and apply data to improve results
• Work collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent organizational skills
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.