SVP, Production - Game Show Network
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2024 4:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for SVP, Production - Game Show Network jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all SVP, Production - Game Show Network postings
Full Time Job
SVP, Production - Game Show Network
This position will oversee all aspects of production, which includes all in-house productions as well as third party productions and ancillary productions for Game Show Enterprises Studios, LLC. The SVP of Production & Programming will lead all facets of the production life cycle including pre-production, physical production, production finance/budgets and post-production. This role will lead and manage the GSN production team, each show production team as well as partner with internal departments such as development, current production, marketing, scheduling, business affairs & legal and finance.
Other responsibilities include:
• Originate plans for GSN and GSES productions projected over a two-year looking forward basis.
• Identify strategic cost savings and operational efficiencies resulting from operating a large, ongoing production concern at scale.
• Focus on long-range allocation and acquisition of resources, from key production department personnel to third party vendors, to service a high-volume production plan.
• Provide executive oversite of the VP, Production's coverage of all GSN and GSES shows, producing up to 750+ episodes annually.
• Provide strategic guidance during the generation of budgets generated by the VP, Production and designees for GSN and GSES productions and final executive review and approval for submission to the EVP, Development and Production, and to the EVP, Finance.
• Serve as the senior production management executive in all interactions with third party production partners and network clients in the furtherance of GSES business.
• Stay updated on industry news and trends impacting GSES productions and GSN business interests
• Identify new resources, technologies and opportunities for GSN and GSES Productions
• Collaborate with senior management in strategic planning of future GSN and GSES projects and goals.
• Cascade and communicate priorities and key initiatives to senior leadership team.
• Interface with and drive decisions within cross-functional teams and senior leadership both internally and externally; strong emphasis in understanding contracts and partnering with business affairs to work through issues.
• Continuously evaluate strategic workflows and recommend efficiencies for production enhancement across all internal and production cross-functional departments.
• Manage ancillary budgets in other areas of the Network.
You must have…
• 15+ years' experience in an executive production management role, specifically game show production experience, ideally at a major studio, production company and / or network or consistent employment as an executive in charge of production with physical production experience.
• Strong TV/cable business acumen coupled with production finance and budgeting experience.
• Thorough knowledge of game show production as well as other genres of unscripted television.
• Possess knowledge of non-linear post production work flow and equipment.
• Thorough knowledge of union and non-union labor rules, regulations and compensation.
• Has a good reputation and possesses good relationships within the production community and with talent.
• Must be well versed and understand television union and guild practices, rules and hiring.
• Demonstrated history of successfully leading and developing teams; ability to motivate and inspire others under high pressure and demanding circumstances.
• Long-term strategic advanced planning skills; anticipation and forethought.
• Extremely meticulous, astute and detailed oriented.
• Naturally possesses a resourceful, pragmatic and problem solver mentality.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple productions and projects with competing deadlines.
• Effectively navigates relationships and communications in a cross-functional organization.
• Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communications skills to keep colleagues, team members and other key players informed in a timely manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interface with key internal and external stakeholders and at all levels.
• Highly creative and strategic; ability to generate ideas and execute against them.
College degree preferred.
Any individual can apply by clicking: (Insert External WFN link)
As part of its commitment to employees, Game Show Network provides an industry leading benefit package, flexible work hours and a variety of personal assistance programs to help enrich your life in and out of the office.
Game Show Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage all individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $277,100 to $325,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Santa Monica - GSN