SVP, Networks Latin America & Brazil
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
SVP, Networks Latin America & Brazil
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. SPE's Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, and Sony Pictures Classics. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
For additional information, visit http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html.
SPT Networks (SPTN) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Pictures Entertainment (''SPE'') and part of the SPTN-branded family of channels currently operating in Latin America, Spain, Portugal, Japan, and Germany.
SPTN Latin America and Brazil is headed by the SVP, Networks who will have dedicated services, as well as shared services, which require this leader to be collaborative and coordinate efforts, in order to achieve successful results.
SPTN Latin America and Brazil is headquartered in Miami, with regional offices in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Panama, Mexico and Peru.
SPT is looking for an SVP, Networks to manage the affairs of the SPT Networks in Latin America and Brazil. The SVP reports to the EVP Distribution & Networks Latin America & Brazil and oversees a team based in Miami and across the region. This role offers an exciting opportunity to manage a dynamic business, both strategically and operationally. The SPTN channel portfolio is one of the top cable and satellite groups in Latin America & Brazil.
The SVP, Networks, Latin America and Brazil has strategic responsibility for channel management, brand positioning and total profitability of SET, and AXN. This leader also has operational responsibility for the day-to-day management of SET and AXN, ensuring that best practices are used throughout the organization.
• Establishes short and long-range objectives and sets adequate operating plans for future development.
• Develops and implements programming strategy.
• Develops and implements scheduling strategy.
• Collaborates with head of Marketing to develop and implement marketing, PR and social engagement strategies.
• Allocates resources - human, financial, technical, etc. - to balance short and long-term profit and operating goals for the channel.
• Represents the company and its values in relationships with major operators, content distributors, content producers, advertisers, advertising agencies and other groups.
• Manages Head of Ad Sales to maximize revenues
• Manages relationship with Ole Communications for the affiliate distribution business. Collaborates with other regional leaders in programming acquisition strategy.
• Collaborates with regional SVP, Content Strategy, to maximize the networks' content offer.
• Creates expansion, development and execution strategy for the Networks' business in region.
• Manages full budgetary and P&L responsibility; required to report on these issues on a regular basis.
• Representing the channel publicly, the SVP, Networks will give regular presentations to both internal and external audiences.
• Robust understanding of the local TV/media business and overall industry trends in the region.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the business including programming, acquisitions, marketing, promotions, technical operations, branding and the general media environment.
• Strong business acumen, including financial, as well as commercial knowledge/skills.
• Proven success running a TV channel.
• Good affiliate and advertising relationships in the region.
• Effective leadership and management skills.
• Strong programming, ad sales, marketing and affiliates knowledge.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Effective collaboration skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Culturally aware and politically astute.
• Fluency in Spanish and English.
• Extensive travel to the region (25%-40%). Able to travel 1-2 weeks/month, based on business need.
• 10+ years' business experience, mostly in Media/Television industry;
• 8+ years of experience managing large teams, including remote locations.
• Experience working in a complex, corporate environment within a global company.
• Experience managing a P&L.
Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree is preferred.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, SPE requires all U.S. non-union applicants and employees to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or to request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami