SVP, Lines Of Business Category Management
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2021 2:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for SVP, Lines Of Business Category Management jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all SVP, Lines Of Business Category Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a SVP, Lines Of Business Category Management? SVP, Lines of Business Category Management & Strategic Sourcing
This individual will lead the Lines of Business (LOB) Category Management and Strategic Sourcing efforts across the Motion Pictures and TV businesses globally and will interface with multiple levels of senior executive leadership and contributors from multiples areas of SPE and One Sony.
A focus will be placed on strategic thinking, tangible results, cost savings, relationship development, and operating efficiency over a broad spectrum of LOB spend approaching $2.5-3B in new media and technology, marketing, and across Production, Post Production, and Distribution. Critical skillsets include the ability to use structured frameworks across category management, sourcing methodology, negotiation preparation and execution, client interface, contract/supplier management and project execution per the group's strategic plan. The individual will be responsible for contributing to the planning initiatives for the team's activities, and will coordinate and execute data analysis, model building, process analysis, communication, and supplier/contract management. Execution of integration and/or divestiture Procurement strategies across various LOBs requires the ability of mobilizing quickly to support various M&A activities at any given time.
The LOB leader will be responsible for developing highly effective teams that will lead category initiatives and sourcing engagements from start to completion. The individual will also contribute toward the leadership of high energy, cross-functional teams responsible for implementing strategic sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers. The ideal candidate will have excellent facilitation and negotiation skills, strong project management experience, outstanding communication skills and the ability to manage the interests and expectations of a diverse group of creative stakeholders. The candidate must have deep experience with category strategy development, process change management, and implementation.
In addition, the LOB leader will need to inform, inspire, lead, and develop a high performing, motivated, and diverse team while ensuring seamless and efficient collaboration across the department. The new leader is expected to continue to support the values and the working agreement of the team. This includes transparency, respect of diverse opinions, and sustainable workload.
• Follow structured project management methods and principles to execute complex, long-term category management and strategic sourcing initiatives
• Provide rigorous cost and market analysis (following models established by Sourcing & Procurement) that focus on reducing total cost of ownership
• Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the SPE Sourcing & Procurement Category Management and Strategic Sourcing methodologies
• Execute deliverables to completion with efficiency, robustness, and attention to detail
• Partner with the Procurement Operation team for the roll-out policies and processes that will enhance the overall amount of spend influence and total value created
• Support inquiries from Strategic Sourcing and LOB Senior Executives with financial, supply market, spend and relationship opportunity analyses with strategic vision and industry awareness
• Continually assess market conditions and develop category management and sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company
• Meet LOB clients' requirements for service, quality, and value at lowest total cost
• Be aware of market trends/conditions that affect suppliers, costs, pricing, and the resulting impact to LOB clients
• Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices and continuously improve professional skills and technical expertise
• Contribute to the development of long-term direction-setting for the organization; act as a key member of the leadership team
• Attract top talent to the organization and develop internal talent for continued performance and advancement
• Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances, ensuring compliance with Sourcing & Procurement policies and best practices
• 12-15 + years of broad-based business experience and understanding (e.g., management consulting or business development/strategy) strongly preferred
• Ability to quickly grasp and become expert in different creative Media and Entertainment supply industries
• Proven track record of retaining a high performing team
• Negotiation planning and strategy skills
• Experience managing collaborative supplier relationships
• Strong written and oral communications
• Ability to work in a demanding and dynamic fast-paced environment with the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
• Strong desire to consistently perform at high levels, achieve the best, motivate others and commit to creating a world-class Category Management and Strategic Sourcing team
• Approachable, professional, positive attitude that leads to creating effective relationships with internal and external customers
• Lean six sigma and operational excellence expertise
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.