Summer Paid Intern - Production Administration
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/22/2023 8:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Paid Intern - Production Administration jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Summer Paid Intern - Production Administration postings
Full Time Paid Internship
Intern, Production Administration - Summer 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Summer Internship is from May/June through Sept. 1st (start and end dates are flexible based on school schedules) and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Physical Production spearheads and supervises feature film production strategies for Columbia Pictures, TriStar, and Screen Gems. The process begins from the time a film title is being considered for production and carries through to delivery of the movie. We work closely with finance, creative, business affairs and many other departments to present a comprehensive production plan and with those partners, closely manage and execute the plan.
• Read scripts on current projects to prepare for engaging in departmental work for e.g. Set breakdown & location research
• Assist department coordinators in setting up and monitoring current productions, including tracking production progress, script revisions, paperwork distribution; becoming familiar with the procedures, processes & terminology of the Production Office and Set
• Assist department coordinators in breaking down scripts and preparing them for scheduling
• Assist department coordinators in the smooth and efficient daily running of the department
• Assemble crew availability lists from below-the-line talent agencies
• Assemble stage availability lists from worldwide resources
• Attend internal production meetings to learn how finance, post-production, visual effects and physical production share information and support each other
• Current undergraduate, graduate student, or recent Bachelor's
• An interest in & love of feature film production
• A desire to concentrate on the physical production side of filmmaking versus the development/creative side
• Attention to detail, display or an application of, and interest in content creation
• Interest in researching film rebate programs worldwide
• Confidence to take initiative and ask questions about the nuts and bolts of production, what you do and don't know
• Be familiar with films currently in the theaters as successes and failures are frequently referenced during research
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Current undergraduate, graduate student, or recent Bachelor's in Film or Communications
The anticipated base salary for this position is $17/hour. This role may also qualify for comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01