Summer Intern - Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Intern, Corporate Finance - Summer 2019
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Summer internship is from May/June through mid-August. All candidates must be able to work between 40 hours a week.
Strategic Sourcing is responsible for identification, benchmark, contract and commercial negotiation, delivery of Information technology software, hardware, network, telecommunication and professional services solutions delivered by high value, high visibility providers.
The Strategic Sourcing team has broad influence across the Sony family, reaching beyond stakeholders within Sony Pictures Entertainment, to global stakeholders worldwide. The Strategic Sourcing team encompasses professionals with a strong blend of technology, sourcing, and consultative backgrounds to drive effective benchmarking and attainment of best-in-class pricing and service terms.
• Analyze, benchmark and negotiate technology solutions
• Follow our sourcing methodology to ensure all steps have been performed
• Interact with stakeholders and executives and deliver presentations on your projects
• Learn benchmarking techniques and services along with negotiation strategies, contractual terms, procurement processes and attend departmental and corporate functions
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Self motivated and directed
• Finance, Procurement, or Information Technology background or interest
• Undergraduate student studying in relevant field
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios