Summer Intern - Social Media Global Threat Detection
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Social Media Global Threat Detection Intern, Corporate – Summer 2019
The Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Summer internship is from May/June through mid-August. All candidates must be able to work between 40 hours a week.
The Global Threat Management (GTM) department is responsible for providing SPE with actionable intelligence, threat analysis, and mitigation recommendations to ensure the safety and security of staff, assets, operations, and reputation around the world. GTM is capable of monitoring the security situation surrounding all SPE assets and productions and generating a wide range of forward looking products for decision makers within Global Security, Environmental, Health and Safety Group (SEHS) and key business partners throughout the company. GTM also heads up the travel security/journey management program and is tasked with designing and developing global security guidelines for over 120 offices in 50 countries across the globe.
The GTM intern will be responsible for social media threat monitoring, maintaining department SharePoint data, monitoring developing trends in the greater geopolitical landscape and identifying potential threats, plotting SPE assets and productions in Global Information Security (GIS) applications and escalating security incident information to higher management. They will be exposed to global security monitoring processes, threat analysis, analytical writing techniques, and tactical social media monitoring methods.
• Social Media Reporting/Monitoring
• Open-source research
• Finding creative and useful ways to expand the GTM program
• Experience with social media monitoring and GIS applications
• Strong interest in geopolitics and international relations
• Adept in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, and SharePoint
• Proficient analytical capabilities and research aptitude
• Excellent oral, organizational and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively both individually and as a team
• Major in International Relations, Political Science, or Journalism preferred
• Two or more years of university completed
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios