Summer Intern - Domestic Networks Accounting, Television
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Domestic Networks Accounting Intern, Sony Pictures Television – Summer 2020
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Summer Internship is from May/June through August and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
The Domestic Networks Finance team manages the financial planning and analysis for Sony Pictures Television's Domestic Networks and Networks Programming. Providing support for US linear channels (SMC, Cine Sony, and Get TV), mobile games, and Game Show Networks (TV and Games). The team consists of the VP of Finance, Finance Manager, Sr. Financial Analyst, with support from the Global Finance Office.
• Assist in research, analysis, and financial modeling for budget and forecasting
• Test new financial package and upload budget and forecast for comparison and analysis
• Create a comprehensive summary of current revenue and expense contracts
• Assist in process improvement initiatives such as testing new systems and programming schedule optimization
The intern will have learning opportunities in the following:
• Financial planning and analysis of relevant and growing digital businesses as well as the traditional networks and film and series production businesses.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage and lead projects
• Self-motivated and a team-player
• Minimum 20 hours/week
• Undergraduate student studying relevant field
• Intermediate to advanced level in Excel
• Major in Finance, Accountancy, or other business-related programs
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios