Summer Intern - Cinesony Social Media, Television
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
CineSony Social Media Intern, Sony Pictures Television– Summer 2019
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Summer internship is from May/June through mid-August. All candidates must be able to work between 40 hours a week.
The Social Media team manages all online social communities to further engage consumers, extend brand awareness, and drive tune-in to our three television channels. The team currently consists of the VP of Marketing and Manager of Consumer Marketing. Together they manage and grow the social communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube including writing copy, pulling/editing images and videos, reporting analytics, and planning the strategy.
• Competitive Analysis-build a full social media analysis of our top five competitors
• Generate ideas for social media, such as current trends, popular social media platforms, promotions/contests, etc.
• Tracking social media analytics, making suggestions for improvement
• Assisting in managing the social media platforms for our three channels - Sony Movie Channel, Cine Sony, and getTV
• Writing/editing copy for Facebook and Twitter, predominantly for Cine Sony
• Pulling images for social media posts, editing images with channel branding
The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
• How to manage business pages for an entertainment/television brand on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media
• Legal restrictions and rules for social media
• How to read analytics and create/tweak strategy based on these reports
• How to market our US channel brands, including beyond social media
• Exposure to all other departments within the US Networks team
• Must have Social Media experience
• Must have one prior Social Media Internship
• Must be bilingual in English/Spanish (Verbal, Written)
• Passion and focus on social media
• Experience in basic Photoshop
• Interest in entertainment marketing, television, and movies
• Web/tech savvy, proficient in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media such as Instagram
• Good eye for creative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Undergraduate student studying in relevant field
• Native Spanish Speaker
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Cohn Bldg