Summer Intern - Agilespe Data Science
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Agile@SPE Data Science Intern, Corporate – Summer 2019
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Summer internship is from May/June through mid-August. All candidates must be able to work between 40 hours a week.
The Agile@SPE team is transforming the way our teams work so that SPE can respond to the rapid pace of change and disruptions in the entertainment industry. We are coaches, change agents and technologists who build and empower high performing teams here at the studio.
We're looking for contributors with fresh perspectives and the passion to follow through on ''big ideas''. In return for your energy, tenacity and drive, you can expect to go deep on Agile, data science, and business intelligence. We are looking for strong problem solvers with a keen analytical mind interested in identifying useful ways to harness and leverage the tons of data generated by our systems and tools – and who want to have fun while doing it.
Our Agile@SPE Data Science Intern will learn how to use a cutting-edge data analytics tool and mine tons of data generated by our systems and tools to identify useful data insights that can help our teams work more effectively and efficiently. The intern will also interview various IT personnel to better understand data and information needs that can help teams work better and faster. Finally, the intern will be expected to produce an implementation plan for scaling out the operations needed to handle ongoing requests for additional data insights.
What to expect:
• Start your day with a daily standup
• Learn how to use a cutting-edge data analytics tool
• Conduct data explorations by mining data
• Conduct research by interviewing IT personnel
• Prepare learning summaries and present to team
• Create an implementation plan for data insight operations
• Strong analytical mind
• Solid understanding of Excel formulas/macros
• Excellent collaborative skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Familiarity with Agile ways of working
Pluses for us…
• Knowledge of systems design thinking
• Undergraduate student studying in relevant field able to work part time hours while in school
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios