Summer / Fall Emergency Preparedness Trainee
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/25/2021 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Summer / Fall Emergency Preparedness Trainee jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Summer / Fall Emergency Preparedness Trainee postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer / Fall Emergency Preparedness Trainee?
Full Time Job
Emergency Preparedness Trainee, Security Safety & Sustainability - Summer/Fall 2021
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Professional Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. Trainees will work remotely with the potential of working in the office location at a later time.
The Security Safety & Sustainability Dept (S3) is responsible for protecting SPE's workforce, global productions, facilities, and driving important sustainability initiatives worldwide. This involves development and execution of programs to mitigate risk and ensure the safety and security of staff, assets and operations - spanning over 120 offices in 50 countries across the globe.
The focus for this Emergency Preparedness trainee position will be to support the enterprise resilience program, which also includes Crisis Management and Business Continuity.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for planning, problem-solving, teamwork, hands-on operations, and keeping people safe. Candidates should have strong communication skills and the ability to foster cooperation amongst disparate teams and groups. Flexibility and demonstrated skills in managing multiple tasks are also critical for success in this role.
The essential functions of this role include:
• Assessment, inventory and management of emergency supplies.
• Collaboration in the development and/or refinement and execution of emergency and disaster plans, policies, procedures, and checklists.
• Planning and participation in multi-disciplinary group activities, meetings, and drills involving internal departments and outside agencies (fire, police, emergency response teams, etc.).
• Research, analysis, and assessment of global emergency management and preparedness needs.
• Preparation of written materials, presentations, graphics and other materials related to emergency management programs.
• Cross-functional collaboration through working with other staff in the development, coordination, and support of other emergency management program activities.
• Management/coordination of volunteers and advocates both in and outside of the department.
• Performance of other emergency preparedness and management duties as assigned.
• Ability to work effectively both individually and as a team
• Excellent oral, organizational and written communication skills
• Interest and skills in problem-solving, creative thinking, and handling a variety of tasks
• Adept in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (Visio and SharePoint also helpful)
• Additional qualifications and experience that may be helpful include:
• Knowledge of the functions of emergency management including mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
• Knowledge of natural and human caused hazards.
Knowledge of incident command systems and emergency/recovery support functions.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios