Strategic Sourcing Manager - Corp & Admin
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Strategic Sourcing Manager, Corp & Admin
The Manager for Corporate & Administrative Sourcing will work with various Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (SPE) departments to assist with the strategic sourcing and contracting of various services of indirect spend including human resources, legal services, consulting, facility services, and financial services among others. The ideal candidate has strong strategic sourcing/procurement experience, has great interpersonal skills as well as proven experience in sourcing human resources categories including: benefits, insurance, recruitment, temporary staffing, etc. The candidate must be a self-starter, fast learner, able to work independently and build strong relationships across SPE functions and with suppliers.
Proactively develop and implement strategic sourcing projects in Corporate and Studio services:
• Develop and implement sourcing plans/strategies across corporate services, primarily Human Resources spend categories including but not limited to: benefits, insurance, recruitment, temporary staffing, etc.
• Develop and manage Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information for large, strategic spend commodities including the collection of requirements, management of bidder communications, review and summarization of bid responses, stakeholder meetings, savings calculations, etc.
• Negotiate and draft large enterprise wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk and provide optimal terms and conditions.
• Assess and report cost savings, cost avoidance, time efficiencies, improved product quality, etc.
• Coordinate sourcing strategies, opportunities and requirements with other Sony entities (Electronics, Music, Playstation) as required.
• Develop and manage internal relationships with stakeholders throughout SPE's various business units and across functions:
• Communicate with a wide variety of clients at many different levels, in different business units motion picture, television, and home entertainment.
• Proactively meet with Human Resources and indirect spend stakeholders and develop stakeholder relationships. Maintain strong relationships with existing Human Resources and other indirect spend stakeholders.
• Manage cross-functional teams, and serve as liaison for different units to consolidate projects or ideas.
• Display an understanding of Human Resources and indirect spend clients including their specific needs and preferences.
• Develop and manage external supplier relationships and agreements:
• Manage and govern ongoing outsourcing contracts including involvement in client status meetings and contract performance measurement.
• Monitor performance of suppliers and serve as a resource to resolve issues.
• Maintain active knowledge of market rates and spend for the Human Resources and indirect spend categories and benchmark best practice capabilities against other firms.
• Continuously identify opportunities for savings, process improvement, supplier and internal client relationship management:
• Assess opportunities for savings via spend analysis, commodity planning, etc.
• Monitor and understand the Human Resources and indirect spend markets and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g., exit or entry of suppliers, changes in pricing, etc.).
• Research, create new processes, pitch new ideas to improve efficiency of processes procurement is involved in.
• Required Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience strategic sourcing of indirect spend categories including legal services, consulting, facilities, and/or finance (Strongly Preferred)
• Ideally, a minimum of 3 years of experience in sourcing Human Resources categories. Sourcing experience can be complemented with past experience working directly in relevant HR functions (benefits, benefits, insurance, recruitment, temporary staffing, etc.)
• Strategic Sourcing expertise in: identifying sourcing opportunities, performing/reviewing spend analysis, developing sourcing strategy, project management, development of RFX documents, contract negotiation, contract management, supplier benchmarking, contract compliance.
• Experience in negotiating domestic and international service agreements.
• Experience in drafting Human Resources and/or outsourcing agreements.
• Undergraduate Degree (Required)
• Business/Finance/Human Resources related degree (Preferred)
• CPM/CPSM/FCCM or other similar certification (Preferred)
• Proven expertise on Human Resources services (benefits, insurance, recruitment, temporary staffing, etc.), and a good understanding of corporate services (legal, consulting, facility services, and financial services)
• Proficiency in sourcing skills and procure-to-pay functions
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and in person)
• Strong teamwork and influencing skills in a large organization
• Self-starting, ability to drive projects to conclusion and work effectively with a variety of people at various levels within the company
• Project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
• Strong contract drafting skills including the ability to draft and negotiate complex legal terms and conditions with minimal legal support, as well as the ability to discuss and explain to clients in an easy-to-understand manner.
• MS Office Suite skills (including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) (Required)
• Attributes for Success:
• Self starter
• Strategic thinker
• Effective communicator
• Organized and effective multitasking
• Dynamic manager
• Learn quickly and apply knowledge
• High personal integrity and ethics
• Effectively manage relationships
• Make decisions quickly and effectively
• Logically and tactfully manage issues and conflicts
• Able to influence others
• Flexibility to learn and to work in a variety of commodities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios