Strategic Sales Insights Research Manager
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Strategic Sales Insights Research Manager
The Strategic Sales Insights Research Manager is responsible for effectively and efficiently.
Providing strategic insights that supports the advertising sales efforts of the Pan Regional team while directly supporting the Advertising Sales regional lead. The Research Manager needs to draw from standard industry sources (Ibope and TGI) as well as seek out and draw upon other primary and secondary research sources as necessary. They will support our sales efforts in developing fundamentally sound and innovative solutions which will include a role supporting business and product development.
An effective Strategic Sales Insights Research Manager will be able to be a leader and trusted resource to the Ad Sales department that not only provides quantitative and qualitative insights but provides critical training to key personnel. Also, the Research Manager will work extremely closely throughout the organization in developing and synergizing efforts.
Ultimately, a successful Strategic Sales Insights Research Manager will contribute to the on-going efforts of the Ad Sales team that lead to disproportionately increase advertising revenues generated by the networks represented by SPT Advertising Sales versus our competitors. The key elements to this position are:
Evaluation and identification of strategic opportunities for sales and revenue growth given the marketplace conditions (Channel opportunities, competitive situation, economic factors, etc.) Ability to meet and understand the research needs of external (agencies and direct clients) and internal clients (channels) in providing research need recommendations Collaboration with other departments and key industry groups in order to evaluate and obtain new and current research, marketing and sales tools Partnering to develop effective programs that provide a seamless synergy and promote a positive Return-on-Investment from our efforts Representation, as required, SPT Ad Sales during special events or before industry organizations
In efforts to achieve these goals, the Strategic Sales Insights Research Manager must work closely with the sales group to develop or find meaningful insights that can lead to team success. This includes but is not limited to sales presentations, correspondence, meeting with clients, and educating the business units on relevant industry research developments.
Essential Functions of the Job
30% 1. Evaluation of Strategic Opportunities for Revenue Growth. The Research Manager should provide unique insights drawn from data and marketplace conditions that aid SPT Ad Sales in growing their revenues. They need to be fully aware of the latest sales efforts and proactively provide insights and breadth of vision to proposals and opportunities.
25% 2. Thorough Understanding and Influence Regarding SPT Activities. The Research Manager is the voice of reason and insight for the ad sales company regarding marketing channel promotional activities towards advertisers that are undertaken by SPE owner and partner channels. The Research Manager will be called upon to provide appropriate quantitative and qualitative insights in building persuasive arguments in providing of packages and propositions. With their insights they will be asked to support the Ad Sales department in their efforts in turning prospects into clients the channels. They will be called upon to utilize their skills of persuasion and influence in determining appropriate activities that are undertaken so that they synergize with SPTI Ad Sales objectives.
20% 2. Analyze IBOPE Ratings, TGI and Other Research Data with the objective of generating insights that will differentiate (and expand on) each of our networks' sales potential. Use IBOPE ratings information to develop timely reports for SPT Ad Sales and other business units that demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses of our audience rating trends while generating data that will showcase the networks in a positive light to all clients. Use of TGI and other sources to provide greater dimension to audience trends and provide qualitative benefits and value to our offer. Develop custom research projects as needed.
20% 4. Proactive Involvement in the Overall Sales Process. The Research Manager with their in-depth understanding and strategic insights of media and how our properties impact potential consumers. They should both seek out as well as be sought out for the value they offer in their involvement and contribution in the initial pitching of an account and throughout the full lifecycle of a sales effort.
5% 5. Industry Involvement and Continuing Education Attend seminars and become involved in applicable organizations in efforts to foster self-education and benefit SPT Ad Sales. This must be done in order to maintain proficiency in the use of both primary and secondary research sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
In terms of knowledge, the candidate should have the following:
• In-Depth Knowledge of Latin American Media Industry. To effectively deliver on this role the Research Manager must have a solid knowledge of the industry, key channel networks, evolution of planning process, evolving video marketplace and inherent advantageous of different media
• Media Selection and Planning Principles. The Research Manager needs to be well versed in the realities of media selection and agency approach to media planning in order to make compelling and insightful recommendations that are acceptable to a client
• Understanding of Media Databases and Secondary Research Tools. The Research Manager needs to be extremely familiar with key standard audience research tools for Audience Rating Analysis and Qualitative Consumer Insights. This familiarity would be best exemplified by demonstrated and regular use of the tools (i.e. TGI, IBOPE, etc.)
• Understanding of the Sales and Client Servicing Process. Includes knowledge of the sales process and the steps that are required from initial contact through successful completion of projects. Highly focused detail to attention regarding all
Education and Experience
• Graduation from an accredited university with a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related field.
• 5 years specialty, 5 years of entertainment experience.
• Experience working in Latin America.
• Fully Bilingual English and Spanish (read and write). Portuguese is a plus
• Excellent organizational skills
• Analytical skills to assess research needs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business:
1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.