Sr. Manager, Media Promotions & Branded Content
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Manager, Media Promotions & Branded Content
The Sr. Manager, Media Promotions and Branded Content team creates, produces and executes award-winning custom content programs in conjunction with linear and digital partners on behalf of Sony Pictures Entertainment theatrical releases.
Reporting to the VP, the Sr. Manager, Media Promotions and Branded Content requires an extremely self-motivated, ambitious and disciplined individual who is also curious in the creation, development and production of custom content campaigns. This individual must demonstrate strong leadership potential, problem solving skills and entrepreneurial spirit, eager to face the daily challenges and rewards that come with executing custom programs from the ground up. As a key member of the team, this individual will assist in the production of linear, digital and social-based custom marketing initiatives in an effort to increase SPE's theatrical awareness and conversion.
This role, at times, requires long hours dedicated to logistical coordination of promotional shoots, negotiating film talent requirements (grooming, styling, riders, etc.), as well as booking travel for both internal and external parties. This individual will also assist in managing production budgets by monitoring execution, interdepartmental savings, and billing.
The key candidate must be very organized and foster internal relationships across multiple departments to assist in managing legal promotional agreements, content approvals, asset procurement, management and distribution. Additionally, a strong background in publicity and communications is important as this role requires someone who can forge external relationships with various talent teams and production agencies across multiple projects.
Promotional Planning & Prep:
• Build promotional strategy overviews to distribute to agency/ partners for each title as well as research/ one-sheets for internal promo pitches.
• Coordinate media and production partner screenings in advance of creative conversations for each title, manage RSVPs, and work with agency to follow up with networks on overall reactions to share with filmmakers/ management.
• Brainstorm preliminary promotions concepts with promo team/ agency/ partners and aid with development, scripting and approvals of promo creative.
• Manage all legal aspects for Columbia media promotions and in-school marketing initiatives from initial integration agreements to final executions (deal points, production agreements, music clearances, IP rights, legal notes, talent/ filmmaker approvals).
• Coordinate with Publicity to update documents with relevant media promo details/ dates integral to securing talent, as well as, distribution of Tune-ins to internal/ external stakeholders for all promotional air dates.
• Oversee media promo day and individual partner shoot budgets
• Manage the creation of educational programs, including program promotion and outreach to schools and libraries.
• Assist team in managing Sony cross-division promotional relationships, including Sony TV (Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune), Home Entertainment, Global Partnerships, etc.
Production & Talent Logistics:
• Secure talent for media promo shoots, pitching talent reps and securing approval on concepts and scripts
• Liaise with Publicity Directors to determine talent availability and implement long-lead media promo days and partner shoots
• Maintain relationships with talent/ talent reps, liaising with them on set and overseeing all talent needs day of shoot
• Coordinate with Production to pull costumes, props and any other assets that may be required for each shoot as well as manage shipping and delivery to shoot locations.
• Manage talent shooting schedules and book all travel and transportation for media promo days/ shoots. Circulate itineraries to talent reps/ filmmakers as well as internal distribution for all shoots.
• Negotiate rates with talent groomers, stylists, etc. Managing deal memos and communication of talent and production schedules for shoots.
• Work in tandem with VP to ensure all staff, talent and production costs are accurately accounted for in the budget and PO's are secured in advance through Media teams. Also responsible for tracking Media T&E and overall production contributions from other departments.
• Attend promo shoots and manage all production needs and coordination day of shoot including talent logistics, security lists and tracking/ updating partner creative and multi-department asks.
• When filming on the Sony Lot, work with the Studio Operations team to secure stages or other practical shooting locations and coordinate production needs (equipment rental, power requirements, catering, parking, wifi, etc.) with Sony and/ or network production vendors. Also responsible for communicating shoot schedule to each crew and update timing for talent throughout the day.
Post-Production & Shoot Wrap:
• Secure talent approvals on custom media promo pieces and communicate updates regarding rollout plan, airdates, etc. to talent reps
• Manage digital asset libraries and facilitate delivery of all film assets to agency, partners and production vendors for all titles on a daily basis (TV spots, end cards, key art, etc.) utilizing Sony proprietary platforms (i.e. Ci Workspace).
• Responsible for configuring and uploading all custom creative as well as competitive creative to PIX for presentation in meetings, etc.
• Manage billing and process invoices for all talent and production costs, including all vendor maintenance and reconciliation of all procurement card purchases.
• When filming on the Sony Lot, oversee overall billing conversations with the lot/ location and make sure charges are properly allocated to each crew/ partner, gaining pre-approval from partner producers/ networks before final invoices are sent.
• Track media promo airings, social amplification and press garnered from custom content on Daily Buzz as well as ensure key hits are sent to proper distribution list post air.
• Create overall media promotions grid/ recap for every title including concepts, elements and final links to all custom creative to be distributed to management/ filmmakers.
• Serve as back-up to VP, attending high-level meetings and managing process with filmmakers and Sony exec management as needed