Sr. Manager, Global Social Strategy
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2020 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr. Manager, Global Social Strategy jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Sr. Manager, Global Social Strategy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Manager, Global Social Strategy? Sr. Manager, Global Social Strategy - Funimation
The Audience Development team at Funimation supports the company's global omnichannel businesses and is responsible for piloting emerging and innovative ideas through community management, social media, influencer marketing, editorial and content marketing, and original content creation.
We are looking for a seasoned digital/social marketer to join the team and help fulfill our mission to create, connect, engage, and deliver experiences that enable us to build a more personal relationship with fans via our most engaging digital channels.
As Sr. Manager, Global Social Strategy, you will be responsible for developing strategies that unlock new audiences and opportunities across digital, social media, and emerging channels so that we can broaden our earned conversational footprint and deepen the relationship with the anime community. Leveraging all organic marketing efforts with break-through content and experiences to reach users in meaningful and engaging ways, you will drive free-trial, subscription, viewership, and retention.
To truly be successful in this role, you must have a passion for anime, geek/pop culture and fandom with the ability to apply critical, creative thinking and strategic decision-making to drive business results. You simultaneously possess the business acumen to meet business goals, working across departments to deliver exceptional programs and executions, while also representing the ''voice of the fan.''
Expertise in dank anime memes doesn't hurt either.
What you'll be doing:
• Lead global social media strategy for seasonal 1st-window streaming marketing and promotion; franchise title campaigns; theatrical and home entertainment releases; ecommerce and product launches; experiential and convention activation campaigns; and Funimation brand awareness campaigns
• Manage and traffic incoming social campaign/content/project requests, timelines, deliverables and stakeholder communication
• Collaborate cross-functionally with other Audience Development stakeholders to deliver campaigns and content related to influencer marketing, content marketing, editorial and news, and original content creation
• Maintain weekly social media reporting dashboards and track KPIs that will be utilized to develop and support business strategy and provide insight to senior leadership, internal stakeholders, licensors, and the AudDev team; including channel growth, cost per metrics, content performance, social listening, competitive analysis, and response management reporting
• (Co-)Manage non-digital marketing programs and sponsorships where AD activations are included
• Continuously develop and contribute to our global social media best practices, with regular experimentation, research, and professional development; be willing to perform abilities beyond your areas of expertise
• Close collaboration with the larger Funimation organization, including our in-house digital creative squad, global marketing teams, Sony Pictures Entertainment/Television, Japanese licensors, and external partners
To measure success in this role, the work you produce will:
• Track, measure and analyze performance across all campaigns, making strategic optimizations to achieve and exceed brand and growth KPIs
• Contribute to the significant growth of Funimation's owned digital/social footprint
• Increase traffic to Funimation.com and natural search index ranking
• Increase fan/customer sentiment and engagement
• Grow streaming viewership, free-trial starts, and paid subscriptions
• Justify activations through cost per performance metrics (ie: CPV, CPFTS, EMV, LTV, etc.)
• Contribute to the growth and development of direct reports (if applicable)
• Foster a collaborative cross-functional culture
• Approach everything with a test and learn mentality
• Be solutions-oriented
What we are looking for:
• 7+ years of professional social media experience (strategy, process, governance, reporting)
• 7+ years of audience development and marketing experience (budget, concept, planning, integration, reporting)
• A proven track record for leading projects and teams from concept to completion -- and then, from distribution to analysis – with a test/learn mentality and maniacal focus on measurement and optimization; global experience preferred
• Demonstrated expertise of major social media platforms and technologies, how to tailor content by platform, and what kind of content works best to build new audiences, retain existing ones, and meet specific marketing or business goals
• You can clearly articulate what content belongs on what channel and why
• Strong command of the social media landscape including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit, Twitter, Discord, and Twitch
• Be an expert on the latest social media and influencer trends and tools, providing recommendations on new channels to test and develop new content and engagement ideas
• Power user status of social media publishing, listening, and reporting tools (i.e. Brandwatch, ListenFirst, Khoros Marketing/Intelligence, TINT, Tubular, Woobox, Wordpress, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience developing business cases and ROI analyses that secure additional marketing investment for audience development and social media activities
• Strong time management skills with ability to multitask -- and prioritize -- in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
• Extensive knowledge of the modern anime landscape, the Funimation ecosystem, and broader gaming, geekdom, pop culture and history will be a major plus
• High degree of proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Google G-Suite, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Required Education: BS strongly preferred, ideally with background in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, PR, Film/TV, or related field
• Some national, and occasional international travel, may be required
• A passion for the anime, geek/pop culture lifestyle and fandom communities
• Strong sense of internet culture and trends in content and storytelling
• Master of brand voice and how to adapt to specific channels and international audiences
• Dependability, follow-through, strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle extensive multi-tasking and meeting multiple deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to forge positive relationships
• Extremely well-organized and detail oriented
• Business acumen, and understanding of how to present yourself in business situations
• Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced, collaborative environment, is a flexible individual, creative thinker, and problem solver, accustomed to working in teams
• Ability to take and provide direction
Funimation, a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television, is the global leader in the world of anime. A fully integrated, next-generation entertainment studio, the company's fan-first philosophy is anchored in its omni-channel approach of its immersive offerings. From streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast, Funimation's commitment to character-driven storytelling, combined with tech innovation and key distribution partnerships, provides audiences with multiple and meaningful touch points to connect with this immersive world.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.