Sr. Graphics Programmer
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Graphics Programmer
At Sony Innovation Studios, a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment, we develop future entertainment technologies, and we recently announced the establishment of the first LED virtual production stage on the Sony Pictures Studios lot in Culver City, CA. The new LED stage allows SIS to expand its technologies to virtual production with its award-winning Atom View volumetric rendering technology.
Sony Innovation Studios is looking for a talented Senior Graphics Programmer, who has a passion for the latest and greatest in real-time 3D rendering techniques, to develop innovative graphics. As a Senior Graphics Programmer, you will design and implement new state-of-the-art and existing render techniques, including real-time lighting, culling, raytracing, and more.
You will help drive and innovate future research into emerging graphics fields and rendering techniques. You will collaborate cross disciplines with artists, designers, and other engineers to deliver high quality graphics features and solutions.
• Graphics feature development (design, decision, implementation, test)
• Develop clean, efficient, and well tested code
• Debug, profile, and optimize CPU and GPU code
• Mentorship and guidance for junior engineers
• Research into future innovative graphics technologies
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• 7+ years as a graphics engineer working with real-time 3D graphics
• Strong 3D math skills – linear algebra, vector/matrix math, quaternions, etc.
• Strong skills in modern C++ 14/17/20
• Strong graphics debugging and profiling skills
• Thorough understanding of current GPU architectures
• Good understanding of multi-threaded programming and optimization techniques
• Experience with modern graphics and compute APIs, like DirectX12 and Vulkan
• Experience with HLSL/GLSL or other equivalent shader languages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Motivated and proactive self-starter, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment
• Passionate about computer graphics and low-level hardware
• Shipped at least 1 AAA game title
• Experience with asynchronous compute shaders
• Experience using modern real-time ray tracing APIs
• Understanding of VR and AR rendering technologies
The anticipated base salary for this position is $128,000 to $171,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios