Sr Full Stack Software Engineer
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr Full Stack Software Engineer, Crackle Plus
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Crackle Plus
Team Crackle Plus
Who You Are
• You have curiosity beyond your own domain of expertise.
• You value simplicity and maintainability over excessively abstracted solutions.
• You're willing to balance both business and technical requirements.
• You take pride in the ownership of your projects and code.
What You'll Do
• Join a small and fast cross-functional team where you'll work with engineers, designers, and product managers to iterate on small, shippable features for Crackle Plus (e.g. advertising, video delivery, and more).
• Help architect and develop an ML-powered commercial motion picture content management pipeline handling ingest, metadata extraction, cataloging, & outbound syndication & availability management.
• Help implement systematic updates to Popcornflix, Pivotshare, & other Crackle Plus products.
• Help implement machine learning and recommendation features to improve user experience and engagement.
• Help architect scalable backend systems and APIs that leverage all business units of the Crackle Plus brand to syndicate and deliver high-quality content to as many screens as possible.
• Design, develop and deploy internal tooling to support content delivery & metadata tracking within Crackle Plus.
• Implement data-driven collection & feedback solutions to ensure QoS & user engagement optimizations. Required Skills
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent fields
• 5 years of full-stack software engineering experience
• 5 years experience with Enterprise Linux operating system administration
• 5 years experience managing full stack applications
• Comprehensive understanding of AWS ecosystem & services. Experience
• Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure & other equivalent cloud platforms
• Experience in large secure heterogeneous server and network infrastructure (DNS, load balancers, VPCs, etc.)
• Experience working with commercial and open source database engines (e.g. MySQL, DynamoDB, BigQuery, Cloud Spanner, etc.)
• Experience working with containers (Docker, k8s, etc.)
• Experience in contemporary front-end frameworks: React, Ember, Angular
• Expertise in application integration technologies (REST, SSO, OAuth, etc.)
• Deploying, securing, and maintaining (operationalizing) web application stacks (LAMP, JAM, MEAN, etc.)
• Secure development and integration of DevOps tooling (Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Consul, Vault, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Manager Resource templates, workflows, vendor SaaS, etc.)
• Strong understanding of browser and network functionality.
• Familiarity with motion picture avails, EMA, EIDR standards.
• Experience with custom CMS architectures
• ML/AI/recommendation engine experience
• Video Engineering experience
• Video ad experience
Location Los Angeles - Culver City
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Who We Are Crackle Plus is a free ad-supported video entertainment network featuring a mix of full-length movies, TV shows, and original programming. Crackle Plus also includes a portfolio of other SVOD/AVOD brands including Popcornflix, Frightpix, and Pivotshare. Over 10 million viewers engage with Crackle Plus brands each month across a multitude of connected screens.
Our techstack is diverse and varies from React-redux front-ends to Node.js serverless microarchitectures, to event-streaming queue-fed step-functions to Java/PHP monoliths. We believe in the right tools for the right problem and strive to support a healthy bottom-up architectural methodology.
Our dev team retains the entrepreneurial spirit and creative engine of the SoCal startup culture. We love to collaborate, encourage curiosity, and celebrate technical excellence. We continuously ship small improvements to create a better viewing experience for millions of people around the world. We are bullish about the growing adoption of streaming entertainment and are looking for people who think big and want to build the future with us.
Crackle Plus is a joint venture with Sony Pictures Entertainment; this role is subject to the terms and conditions of Crackle Plus.