Sr Financial Analyst, Crackle Plus
Sony PicturesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sr Financial Analyst, Crackle Plus (New York)
The Sr. Financial Analyst will work out of the NYC office and report to the Director of Finance. He/She will be responsible for assisting with the forecasting and planning processes and analytics for the CracklePlus business. Key deliverables include monthly variance and forecasting reporting packages, preparation of quarterly materials, monthly business reviews, and weekly revenue reporting. You will be part of a small, close-knit group that reports to the Finance team at Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Inc., putting you in close proximity with key decision-makers including C-suite executives.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directly support the Director of Finance and Crackle Plus team
• Understand detailed financials across the various business units and provide narrative to both internal and external clients on revenue, operating expense and cash flow performance. Challenge division finance leads to ensure quality forecasts and budget submissions
• Assist in preparation of all weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting materials
• Lead annual planning process and monthly/quarterly forecasting. Manage and coordinate all forecasting and budgeting, support business partner as needed, and liaise with accounting.
• Create and maintain financial models to support P&L and cash flow forecasting, annual budgeting process, long-range forecast process and evaluation of strategic business decisions
• Assist in creating and maintaining a KPI dashboard
• Perform analysis/deep dives on profitability, revenue trends and other periodic ad-hoc analytical projects based on evolving business needs
• Build process improvements in between planning cycles that identify and track key operating metrics that can be leveraged to develop planning tools
• Interface with business leads, finance leads, accounting partners and IT to ensure accurate data and information gathering
REQUIRED SKILLS/EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
• Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or similar field.
• 3 to 5 years of analytical experience in financial planning, operations or any other finance-heavy division
• Digital advertising industry knowledge, specifically supporting a sales team
• Ability to identify necessary analyses, make independent decisions and give direction to business partners in support of key initiatives
• Proven expertise in developing financial models and forecasts in support of division planning decisions
• Experience working in a fast-paced growth environment
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Advanced skills in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint with a focus on speed and efficiency
• Professional presence with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail-oriented, proactive and able to balance multiple responsibilities and tasks
Crackle Plus offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Crackle Plus is a joint venture of Sony Pictures Entertainment. This role is subject to the employment terms of Crackle Plus.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - NY - New York City
ABOUT CRACKLE PLUS
Crackle Plus is a video-on-demand (VOD) joint venture formed by Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSSE). The company's consumer facing ad-supported VOD (AVOD) channels include Crackle (US and Canada), Popcornflix, Popcornflix Kids, Truli, Popcornflix Comedy, Frightpix, and Espanolflix. Its content library includes over 38,000 hours of programming. It also represents partners PlayStation Vue and Funimation to advertisers, positioning it as one of the largest AVOD offerings in the U.S.