Sr. Designer, TV Creative Center
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Designer, TV Creative Center
The Creative Center (CC) is the internal agency within Sony Pictures Television. The Sr Designer role will evangelize the ''One Sony'' philosophy and elevate the brand vision, voice, strategy for all Sony IP. Based in Culver City, CA (you will be working remotely until we return to the office from quarantine), this role reports to the Creative Director. The Sr Designer provides ideation, creative and subsequent design and animation execution focused on TV titles and other ancillary lines of business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Ideates strategic design solutions; is a great storymaker who is passionate about content creation . Ideate branding initiatives from concept to execution and is seasoned in establishing and sustaining brand voice. Service constituents from Digital Marketing , Ad Sales , PR , Sony Pictures Television Studio, Production, etc .
• Sr. Designer must be able to work as a team member , but also be a resourceful self - starter and an adept leader , managing projects across all disciplines . Must exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to see projects from concept through execution with minimal supervision .
• Impeccable time management and prioritization skills are mandatory. Must be able to juggle executing design in addition to running multiple projects between various groups within the studio as well as be an effective liaison to external agencies and vendors . Must have consummate proficiency at taking and giving feedback both from a creative and personnel perspective.
• Sr Designer should exhibit impeccable presentation skills . Must have the ability and focus to mentor designers. You must be skilled in managing external vendors- bringing additional resources to Creative Center (CC) is a plus.
• Proficient working knowledge of Abobe Creative Suite , Keynote , PPT required . Excellent photoshop , illustration , typography , AE , compositing , C 4 D skills, render pipelines a plus . Proficient knowledge of various social platforms preferred .
• Ability to take and give creative direction and relish collaboration and growth . Sr Designer will explore untested and unique approaches to creative solutions, pushing the craft as well as the department forward, while meeting all project and scope requirements always elevating the level of creative. Required to meet budgets and quick turnaround deadlines . Agency experience is required .
• Sr Designer is a great communicator and is punctual . She / he maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues regarding design and production to management . Accurately documents work related information via work orders , etc . Works hand - in - hand with Art Directors, Creative Directors, Production , Operations, Social and Editorial teams . Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery . She / he will also lead by example in matters pertaining to company policy and performance .
• Exhibit willingness to take on responsibilities outside of her/ his job description and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast - paced environment . Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co - workers .
• Sr Designer maintains familiarity with current culture , design and marketing trends , social platforms and the relevance of fans and audiences . Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity .
Work Experience Requirements
• Experienced self-starter/ leader with management experience in an agency environment.
• 5+ years minimum in design and production (broadcast, digital, experiential).
• Expert proficiency using Adobe CC, PowerPoint. Keynote experience a plus.
• Ability to manage projects from concept through execution unsupervised.
• Prolific storymaker.
• Expert prioritization and anticipatory skills.
• Strong proficiency in strategic branding initiatives.
• Passionate about original, acquired and library content, social, events and global branding.
• Seasoned in storyboarding narratives, concept creation and production execution.
• Seasoned in live action, 2D animation, 3D and VEFX, compositing, sonic branding.
Ability to work flexible hours.
Deep knowledge of social platforms.
Deep knowledge of entertainment brands.
Bachelor Degree in Fine Art, Graphic Design or Film
Creativity, curiosity, leadership, ability to think strategically, innovation, teamwork, ability to multi-task,
communication skills, time management and prioritization skills a must.
In addition to having a passion for all types of content, this individual also has her/ his finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising. She/ he is passionate about strategic branding and creative and the elevation of these brands. She/ he is interested in entering, creating and sustaining an informed dialogue with the fan base from existing platforms as well as discovering additional avenues to engage new audiences specifically regarding social content creation.
Background on Sony US Creative Center
Sony Creative Center is an internal agency that is a centralized hub for Sony Pictures Television , Sony Crackle, US Networks, Sony Networks Games, Global Marketing and International Sales & Distribution, PR, Syndication, Distribution Marketing, Theatrical Marketing . Our focus is to service businesses across the globe within the Sony universe.
We are a design consultancy that brings best practices from the agency world into our beloved brands within the corporate network environment. We harness what's relevant from both and blend within our model. We apply high-end creative, strategy and intimate knowledge about our brands to every engagement with a sense of urgency, efficiency and fiscal responsibility. We are built to be nimble and customize teams based on the various creative needs of our constituents.
We currently ideate and execute the 360 marketing campaigns for all original show launches as well as all B2B, B2C and internal events for Sony Pictures Television Networks both domestic and international . We are the on-air promotion group for the US Networks (Sony Movie Channel, Cine Sony and GetTV ). We are also the branding agency for global marketing designing and launching 100+ networks aro und the world.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios