Sr Coordinator, Research
Sony PicturesMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
Sr Coordinator, Research
Title: Sr Coordinator- Research
Division/Dept: Mexico - LATAM Research / SPE LATAM Distribution and Production
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries.
The Research Sr Coordinator, part of the LATAM & USH Research team, supports ad-hoc and ongoing research projects across Sony Pictures Entertainment all lines of business: Networks, Distribution, Production and Theatrical. With an audience-obsessed attitude, the Sr Coordinator will be focused on connecting the dots between consumer consumption behavior, content, and data analysis through the permanent generation of timely and relevant insights reports. Some responsibilities include: KPIs performance tracking; in-depth networks monitoring (linear and non-linear), as well as a broad range of market intelligence on the local television industry, including OTT, TVE and social media, utilizing secondary resources that will include internet, multiple research data software, industry reports, etc.
- Create and automate regular reports, from start to end on content performance (daily overnights, monthly reports, quarterly competitive reporting, etc), and on market specific intelligence across platforms (linear and non-linear).
- In-depth analyzis and reporting on various programming grids and content catalogues.
- Responsible for the performance trackers for Sony IP, acquired, and work-for-hire content.
- Understand, gather and disseminate intelligence on local television business and programming trends across mutiple platforms: Free TV, Cable, Pay TV, TVE, Social Media and OTT.
- Provide ad-hoc ratings analysis to support distribution and production.
- Design and write sales presentations and TV ratings analysis reports on key products.
- Develop and maintain a direct working relationship and close colaboration with the Mexico, South and Central Americas sales team, sales planning, development, marketing and with the existing research teams within the regional offices.
- Close monitoring to IBOPE panel structure and changes.
- Part of local meetings with key sales and development stakeholders.
- Exploration and Detection of relevant and leading edge internal opportunistic projects
- Explore new ways to automate reporting
- Innovate in ways to share and propagate audience insights across the organization
- Training across the organization
- 3+ years of experience working in entertainment or media research/analysis.
- Strong Excel, data visualization and PowerPoint skills are required. Tableau and Prezi experience is a plus.
- Must be analytical, have the ability to analyze audience research data and comfortable working with large data sets.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to find trends and outliers in the data that are meaningful to the business
- Ability to develop a story with the insights discovered, delivering clear, meaningful and concise analyses
- Experience with at least 2 softwares is required: EMSTV, TechEdge, ITVR, Ibope Mediawork Station, Instar and/or Infosys. TGI, Ampere and GWI is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required (written and spoken). Portuguese is a plus.
- Strong interest and knowledge of international business, entertainment and cultures and consumer behavior.
- Must be proactive, motivated, highly-organized and a self-starter.
- Team player with ability to work independently and with multiple projects.
- Experience with primary research, including designing questionnaires, mining meaninful insights and developing recommendations.
Bachelor's degree is required. Concentration in Market Research, Consumer Behavior, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or other related.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
MEX - Mexico City