Sr Business Analyst, Brm TV Marketing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr Business Analyst, BRM TV Marketing
Sony Pictures Entertainment is currently seeking a Sr. Business Analyst to join our Information Technology (IT) team in Culver City as a Business Relationship Manager to support Worldwide Television Marketing.
The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) role requires a combination of strong technology background and business acumen in order to manage relationships between business stakeholders, IT teams and vendors in day-to-day operations and delivery of technology services. The BRM partners with business teams to understand the changing business needs and ensure that IT solutions are aligned to business objectives. This is achieved by working closely with business and IT stakeholders to translate business needs into IT solutions and validate that the IT delivery realizes the articulated benefits. The BRM role will provide direction to software development teams and ideally is familiar with project management disciplines and agile methodology. The BRM role will require an in-depth and cross-functional understanding of key TV Marketing business processes and technology solutions.
The Sr. Business Analyst on our team will lead development and support of TV Marketing apps and vendor platforms that address the business needs of the TV Distribution Sales/Marketing and Talent/Media Relations teams.
This role will serve as an agile product owner with the primary goal of understanding the business processes, workflows, and information requirements of key software applications and their users. The Senior Business Analyst will interact with stakeholders from various business units including TV Marketing, TV Distribution Sales, IT, Legal, HR, and Information Security in support of current and future applications.
This role will be expected to perform conduct stakeholder interviews and presentations, perform data analysis, understand functional requirements, write user stories and acceptance criteria, and create wireframe mockups and storyboards to illustrate solutions that will ensure business requirements are completed successfully.
Candidates should have demonstrated experience developing and supporting technology initiatives delivering measurable business benefits and process efficiencies to Television and/or entertainment industry Sales/Marketing teams.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an analytically-minded problem solver with strong technology background, entertainment industry experience, excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to interact effectively with senior executives, and an aptitude for learning new technologies and business solutions.
• Serving as liaison between IT and the business defining stakeholder demand and delivering technology to enable and meet business strategy and support day-to-day operations.
• Initiating and facilitating communications between stakeholders, acting as a primary point of contact for defined groups.
• Facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
• Collecting, reviewing, analyzing, and managing user stories and requirements from business stakeholders.
• Working with the business & technical teams to clarify functional requirements and acceptance criteria.
• Documenting detailed proposals, functional & data business requirements, process flows, use cases, information needs, test scenarios, and obtaining functional design specification approvals.
• Managing the user acceptance test (UAT) process by performing smoke testing, test case validation, and obtaining business approvals on UAT for scheduled deployments.
• Serving as a liaison to other teams in planning, coordination, development and deployment of multi-team enhancement or projects.
• Ensuring delivery of project and enhancement requirements meet the acceptance criteria defined by the business customer.
• Ensuring training needs are met for new or existing applications.
• Solicit and elaborate requirements from business stakeholders.
• Create business and functional requirement documents and/or user stories
• Build workflow diagrams and screen mockups to illustrate business and system processes.
• Build and execute acceptance criteria, test scenarios, and test cases.
• Plan and conduct testing processes.
• Create user guides and training documentation.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in IT and/or related technical professions
• Familiar with data analytics tools, digital sales presentation solutions, customer relationship management (CRM) platforms, and video streaming technologies is preferred.
• Previous entertainment industry work experience
• Agile/Scrum Experience
• JIRA Experience
• Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Sharepoint
• Tableau data visualizations
• Bachelor Degree required
• Computer Science or related Information Technology degree preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios