Sr. Audience Development Marketing Manager - Americas LATAM - Funimation
Sony PicturesDallas, TX
Full Time Job
Sr. Audience Development Marketing Manager - AMERICAS: LatAM - Funimation
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise, and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming, and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for an experienced digital/social marketer to join the Audience Development team to deliver on our fan-centric mission with highly creative ideas that enable us to build a more personal relationship with fans via our most engaging digital channels. Specifically, in this role, the Sr. Audience Development Marketing Manager - Americas: LatAM will localize and execute global and regional Funimation marketing strategies in Latin America (LatAM) for the Funimation streaming service supporting both Portuguese and Spanish languages.
As a Sr. Audience Development Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing strategies that unlock new audiences and opportunities across digital, social media, and emerging channels in order to broaden our earned conversational footprint and deepen the relationship with the anime community. By leveraging all organic marketing efforts to reach users in meaningful and engaging ways, you will drive viewership through free-trial starts, streaming subscriptions, and subscriber retention.
To truly be successful in this role, you must have a passion for anime, geek/pop culture, and fandom, with the ability to apply critical, creative thinking and strategic decision-making to drive business results. You simultaneously possess the business acumen to meet business goals, working across departments to deliver exceptional programs and executions, while also representing the ''voice of the fan.'' Expertise in dank anime memes doesn't hurt either.
The Audience Development team at Funimation supports the company's global omnichannel business and is responsible for piloting emerging and innovative ideas through community management, social media, influencer marketing, editorial and content marketing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Direct the execution of global and regional (digital) brand-campaigns through agencies and in partnership with the centralized internal Audience Development and Creative Service teams
• Lead the strategic process for LatAM community/social media to unlock digital channels, social media, and emerging content to deepen the relationship with our audiences, drive viewership and streaming subscriptions, grow our digital/social channel footprint, and leverage all organic marketing efforts to reach users in meaningful and engaging ways.
• Including but not limited to: Seasonal plans for 1st-Window streaming, franchise/tentpole titles, theatrical and home entertainment releases; Funimation brand campaigns for awareness and conversions; Experiential and convention activation campaigns
• Manage incoming social project requests, timelines, deliverables and stakeholder communication. May include activities like:
• Content creation that includes a mix of social posts, blog posts, original content series, and influencer campaigns
• Develop concepts and scripts for social videos and podcasts
• Partner with agency or creative team on photo and video shoots for social content
• Interface with tech/product teams related to multi-language LatAM streaming service needs (landing pages, show pages, SVOD content curation guides, and blog)
• Coordinate and localize SVOD streaming content strategy in conjunction with global SVOD team
• Manage non-digital marketing programs and sponsorships (ex. Panini Manga) along with experiential marketing activations as needed (ex. CCXP)
• Maintain weekly reporting dashboards and track KPIs that will be utilized to develop and support business strategy and provide insight to senior leadership, internal stakeholders, licensors, and partners; including channel growth, cost per metrics, content performance, social listening, competitive analysis, and response management reporting
• Continuously develop and contribute to global processes, marketing and social media best practices, with regular experimentation, research, and professional development; be willing to perform abilities beyond your areas of expertise
• Close collaboration with the larger Funimation organization, including our in-house digital creative squad, global marketing teams, Sony Pictures Entertainment/Television, Japanese licensors, and external partners
WHO YOU ARE
• 7+ years of marketing campaign experience (budget, concept, planning, integration, reporting)
• 7+ years of professional social media experience (strategy, process, governance)
• Demonstrated expertise of major social media platforms and technologies, how to tailor content by platform, and what kind of content works best to meet specific marketing or business goals
• You can clearly articulate what content belongs on what channel and why
• Strong command of the social media landscape across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit, Twitter, and Twitch
• Be an expert on the latest social media and influencer trends and tools, providing recommendations on new channels to test and develop new content and engagement ideas
• Demonstrated experience developing business cases and ROI analyses that secure additional marketing investment
• A proven track record for leading projects and small teams from concept to completion -- and then, from distribution to analysis – you have a test/learn mentality and are maniacal about measurement and optimization
• Strong time management skills with ability to multitask -- and prioritize -- in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
• Extensive knowledge of the modern anime landscape, the Funimation ecosystem, and broader gaming, geekdom, pop culture and history will be a major plus
• High degree of proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Required Language: Fluent written and spoken English, Spanish and Portuguese
• Required Education: BS strongly preferred, ideally with background in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, PR, Film/TV, or related field
• Some national, and international travel, may be required
TO MEASURE SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE, THE WORK YOU PRODUCE WILL
• Track, measure, and analyze performance across all campaigns and make strategic optimizations to achieve and exceed brand and growth KPIs
• Contribute to the significant growth of Funimation's owned digital/social footprint in LatAM (Brazil, Mexico, + additional Spanish-language countries)
• Increase traffic to Funimation.com a