Spring Intern - US Networks Programming & Operations, Television
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
U.S. Networks Programming & Operations Intern, Sony Pictures Television – Spring 2020
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Spring Internship is from January through end of May and all candidates must be able to work between 15-29 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).
US Domestic Networks Channel Programming Team is responsible for programming, scheduling and
trafficking in order to broadcast two cable networks, Sony Movie Channel and Cine Sony as well as
digital broadcast TV network, getTV. The US Networks programming group is also responsible for the
delivery of Video On-Demand content to our affiliates for Sony Movie Channel and Cine Sony.
The intern will learn and gain a great understanding of what it takes to program and operate a channel.
Everything from what shows and movies are scheduled to how you're able to watch Video On-Demand
and what goes into distribution and marketing.
• Assist with maintenance of metadata while working in industry related software, Wide Orbit
• Provide support for quality control of our channels
• Learn the basics of broadcast trafficking and provide support
• Assist with delivery of titles for linear and non-linear playout
• Provide support for monitoring the delivery and pitching of our content to affiliates for VOD
• A strong understanding of film and entertainment history as well as being an avid movie and TV
• Strong work ethic, highly detail-oriented and organized
• Enthusiasm for the industry and the business with a genuine desire to go the extra mile
• MS Office – specifically Excel
• Strong Communication Skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
• Short form writing skills a plus
• Spanish speaking a plus but not required
• Currently enrolled in a university and pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Cohn Bldg