Spring Intern - Tristar Pictures Development , Mpg
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
TriStar Pictures Development Intern, MPG - Spring 2020
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Spring Internship is from January through end of May and all candidates must be able to work between 15-29 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).
TriStar Pictures is a division of the Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group (MPG) that creates filmmaker-driven movies like A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Trainspotting 2, Baby Driver, and Money Monster that have the potential for both critical acclaim and commercial success. The team currently consists of the President, the SVP of Creative, and two Creative Executives. Together they evaluate pitches, scripts, books, and articles as potential projects, nurture relationships with filmmakers, writers and producers, and guide films through all stages of development, prep, production, post-production, marketing and distribution.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Reading script submissions and providing written summaries and recommendations for development executives.
• Performing research and compiling materials to help determine whether we should pursue certain projects.
• Creating lists with recommendations for directors and cast for projects in development Communicating with talent agencies to determine actor and director availability for our projects
• Providing administrative support on desks as needed
The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
• Insight into the development process and the inner workings of a studio motion picture division
• An increased depth of knowledge on marketable film-making
• Valuable contacts through networking and communication
• Informative discourse with others on potential scripts and IP
• Exposure to other departments within Sony Pictures Entertainment
• Passion and focus on film making
• Experience in basic office programs (i.e. Outlook, Excel)
• Patience, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask
• Willingness to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Undergraduate student studying in relevant field able to work part time hours while in school
• Prior film or TV creative development preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.