Spring Intern - Social Media , Digital Marketing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Social Media Intern, Digital Marketing – Spring 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Spring Internship is from January through May 26th and all candidates must be able to work between 12-29 hours a week, Monday through Friday (flexible depending on school schedule) at our Culver City location.
We are looking for someone ready to go above and beyond, learning in a studio work environment, to assist in the social media efforts for Sony Pictures' slate of films, which spans Columbia, Screen Gems, TriStar, Sony Pictures Animation and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions. The Social Media intern would be someone knowledgeable of the digital landscape and interested in film, marketing, publicity, and pop culture. This role would collaborate on a day-to-day basis with the Digital Marketing Department to create positive and impactful brand conversation within the social space.
• Work essentially as an assistant within the Digital Marketing Department, being a full extension of the Social Media team
• Assist in the development and execution of social media strategies for each film
• Update Key Dates, Calendars, Marketing Decks, and social team documents on a weekly basis
• Identify and report on what captures people's attention on social and drives conversation. Keep a finger on the pulse of social trends, new platform features and best practices
• Assist in the planning and execution of each film's day-to-day social media strategy
• Research emerging social platforms and update the team on actionable next steps to engage with new audiences
• Provide support for social media events including activities at virtual press junkets, premieres, special events, talent Q&As, etc
• Have your hand in all aspects of the Digital Department taking part in content creation for social platforms and media-focused initiatives
• Develop and implement a college-focused social campaign strategy collaborating and cross-promoting with other Marketing Departments where applicable
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Google Docs. Abilities in Photoshop/other editing software is not required but is a plus
• Knowledge of social media trends and social networking tools
• Strong creative instincts and high attention to detail
• Strong work ethic, communication skills and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• An eye for developing and critically viewing content under an intersectional lens
• Positive attitude is a must
• Avid interest in Entertainment Marketing
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01