Spring Intern - Social Media, Digital Marketing Mpg
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Social Media, Digital Marketing Intern - MPG - Spring 2020
We are looking for someone ready to go above and beyond, learning in a studio work environment, to assist in the social media efforts for Sony Pictures' slate of films, which spans Columbia, Screen Gems, TriStar, Sony Pictures Animation and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions. The Social Media intern would be someone knowledgeable of the digital landscape and interested in film, marketing, publicity and pop culture. This role would collaborate on a day-to-day basis with the Digital Marketing Department to create positive and impactful brand conversation within the social space.
• Work essentially as an assistant within the Digital Marketing Department, being a full extension of the Social Media team
• Assist in the development and execution of social media strategies for each film
• Update Key Dates, Calendars, Marketing Decks, and social team documents on a weekly basis
• Identify and report on what captures people's attention on social and drives conversation
• Keep a finger on the pulse of social trends, new platform features and best practices
• Research popular social influencers and handles to identify new editorial partnerships to collaborate with on each film
• Assist in fan site targeted outreach on each film, which would include researching and reporting on fan groups and delivering social assets/exclusive materials to the social editors
• Assist in the planning and execution of live social media events including activities at press junkets, premieres, special events, talent Q&As, etc.
• Have your hand in all aspects of the Digital Department taking part in content creation for social platforms and media-focused initiatives
• Develop and implement a college-focused social campaign strategy collaborating and cross-promoting with other Marketing Departments where applicable
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Google Docs
• Abilities in Photoshop/other editing software is not required, but is a plus
• Knowledge of social media trends and social networking tools
• Strong creative instincts and an eye for detail
• Strong work ethic, communication skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Positive attitude is a must
• Avid interest in Entertainment Marketing
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Spring Internship is from January through end of May and all candidates must be able to work between 15-29 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).