Spring Intern - Security, Safety & Sustainability
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2022 10:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Security, Safety & Sustainability jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Spring Intern - Security, Safety & Sustainability postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Security, Safety & Sustainability Intern – Spring 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Spring Internship is from January through May 26th, and all candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours a week, Monday through Friday (flexible depending on school schedule) at our Culver City location.
The Security, Safety & Sustainability Dept (S3) is responsible for protecting SPE's workforce, global productions, facilities, and driving essential sustainability initiatives worldwide. This involves developing and executing programs to mitigate risk and ensure the safety and security of staff, assets, and operations - spanning over 120 offices in 50 countries across the globe.
The Security, Safety & Sustainability intern position will also support joint projects with the Crisis Management and Business Continuity teams. They will also be supporting the S3 Chief of Staff team.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for planning, problem-solving, teamwork, hands-on operations, and keeping people safe. In addition, candidates should have strong communication skills and the ability to foster cooperation amongst disparate teams and groups. Flexibility and demonstrated skills in managing multiple tasks are also critical for success in this role.
The essential functions of this role include:
• Assessment, inventory, and management of emergency supplies.
• Collaboration in developing, refining, and executing emergency and disaster plans, policies, procedures, and checklists.
• Participate in and plan multi-disciplinary group activities, meetings, and drills involving internal departments and outside agencies (fire, police, emergency response teams, etc.).
• Support the research, analysis, and assessment of global emergency management and preparedness needs.
• Prepare written materials, presentations, graphics, and other materials related to emergency programs.
• Assist with cross-functional initiatives in developing, coordinating, and supporting other emergency management program activities.
• Coordinate volunteers and advocates both in and outside of the department.
• Performance of other emergency preparedness and management duties as assigned.
• Ability to work effectively both individually and as a team
• Excellent oral, organizational, and written communication skills
• Interest and skills in problem-solving, creative thinking, and handling a variety of tasks
• Adept in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (Visio and SharePoint are also helpful)
• Knowledge of emergency management functions, including mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
• Knowledge of natural and human-caused hazards.
• Knowledge of incident command systems and emergency/recovery support functions.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01