Spring Intern - Media & Talent Relations
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Media & Talent Relations Intern – Spring 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Spring Internship is from January through May 26th and all candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours a week, Monday through Friday (flexible depending on the school schedule) at our Culver City location.
SPT Media & Talent Relations handles the publicity needs for both domestic and international production and distribution properties. Ranging from launching new series domestically to coordinating talent participation for an international talent tour, our department handles all aspects of publicity and talent relations.
The intern will be exposed to a variety of tasks including: Press clippings, table reads, press interviews, set visits, EPK/Promo shoots, talent tours, various events, gifting, marketing & PR brainstorming sessions, drafting log lines, attending international field office calls and more. The Media & Talent relations team is very collaborative, and the intern will have exposure to everything our team interacts with on a daily basis.
The intern working with the team will gain valuable knowledge in understanding: what press breaks are, knowing the media and how they work in conjunction with publicists, what goes into launching a domestic television publicity campaign, knowing the differences between domestic and international publicity, creating relationships, working with talent and reps and learning the detailed process of organizing an event from start to finish.
Based on the intern's specific area of interest, we can have the person shadow a campaign launch with the opportunity for them to brainstorm and work on PR strategy with initiatives that can be executed. They will have the opportunity to work closely with publicists on their shows.
• Must possess exceptional organizational and follow-through skills
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Must possess excellent written & oral communication skills with the ability to handle executives/upper management/talent
• Strong computer skills
• Not required, but would be great if the person possessed skills in video editing
• Independently problem solve
• Be a self-starter with a team player attitude
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work in fast paced environments with shifting priorities
• Demonstrate common sense, discretion, and attention to detail
• Professional attitude and highly motivated individual
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios