Spring Intern - Domestic Networks Finance
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Domestic Networks Finance Intern, Sony Pictures Television – Spring 2019
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Spring internship is from January to May. All candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours.
The Domestic Networks Finance team manages the financial planning and analysis for Sony Pictures Television's Domestic Networks and Networks Programming. The team consists of the VP of Finance, Finance Manager, Sr. Financial Analyst, with support from the Global Shared Services Group. We support the US linear channels (SMC, Cine Sony, and Get TV), digital network (Crackle, Digital Product Group, and Digital Studio), mobile games, and global support (Networks Programming, Creative Center and Digital Infrastructure).
• Assist in the Crackle growth plan project to analyze the long-term outlook of the business
• Originals production ultimate analysis
• Compare film cost ultimates against greenlight and actuals and test for impairment
• Assist in research, analysis, and financial modeling for budget and forecasting
• Test new financial package and upload budget and forecast for comparison and analysis
• Create a comprehensive summary of current revenue and expense contracts
• Assist in process improvement initiatives such as testing new systems and programming schedule optimization
• Major in Finance, Accountancy, or other business-related programs
• Intermediate to advanced level in Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage and lead projects
• Self-motivated and a team-player
• Undergraduate student studying in relevant field able to work part time hours while in school
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios