Solution Specialist, IT Corporate
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Solution Specialist, IT Corporate
The Solution Specialist is responsible for the functional architecture of ServiceNow in Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE). The role requires solving the functional and technical aspects of a software development project and ensuring that existing business processes within continue to function. The Solutions Specialist will also ensure that the product meets the business and technology requirements and meets the deliverable on time and within budget. The Solution Specialist will have expert understanding of the ServiceNow, configuration and integration capabilities, as well as overall business process and data functionality and industry knowledge.
The role requires broad, deep technical knowledge as well as functional knowledge, and has the capability to architect solutions for complex business problems within a major studio.
• Demonstrate expert understanding of ServiceNow by mapping customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions.
• Provide technical and functional leadership with strong business acumen who is resourceful and confident under high pressure
• Develop and maintain expertise within SPE IT for an assigned set of functional applications and/or package technologies, analytical methods and/or processes ensuring that they operate to and meet or exceed requirements
• Provide the functional architecture expertise and leadership to drive complex delivery initiatives for efforts requiring deep business, system or technology understanding (expert). The Solution Specialist will often play the specific delivery role of ''techno-functional lead'' or ''techno-functional architect'' on the ServiceNow platform.
• Develop and maintain expertise within SPE IT for an assigned set of functional applications and/or package technologies, analytical methods and/or processes ensuring that they operate to and meet or exceed requirements. Provide this expertise proactively in the BRM and ADM organizations.
• Participate in the selection/development and implementation of innovative, technology-based solutions that will result in reliable, flexible, coherent and cost-effective solutions for the benefit of all SPE businesses worldwide
• Collaborate with the ADM, BRM & EIS teams to research third party products and solutions, and bring innovative, value-enriching technology-based solutions to SPE
• Support IT Audit requirements and the business continuity and disaster recovery standards and procedures
• Support the Data Integrity, Process, Technology, Audit & Security architecture requirements of the company and support the standards established by the IT organization
• Drive innovation within the ServiceNow platform and keep ahead of new functionality and technologies supporting the platform
• Provide expert guidance on Level 3 support problems that cannot be resolved by L1, L2 or other technical staff
• Expertise Delivery – Develop technology requirements and the corresponding functional or technological capabilities of a software platform or business application. Expert in ServiceNow functional and technical platform architectures.
• Solution Best Practices – Establish best practice and methodology in solution development and software selection and acquisition. Support the development and selection of new technologies and application development platforms and tools supporting the ITSM eco-system.
• Solution Strategy – Support enterprise technology solution strategies, vision and competency and participate as a solution thought leader within the IT organization.
• Leadership – Support enterprise leadership and change initiatives
Key outputs include:
• High- and low-level design documents and technical specifications for development and enhancement work efforts
• Problem Management & Root cause analyses
• Solution strategies and designs
• Technology selection deliverables
• Best practice documents and deliverables for area of expertise
• Educational deliverables
• Develop solution strategy road maps
• Typically, 8 years of IT work experience, with 5 years in functional IT discipline (ServiceNow)
• 4 years of leading and managing multiple engagement teams providing organizational leadership, mentoring, career development and coaching.
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Experienced in designing and/or developing in all modules of ServiceNow and one or more of the following IT disciplines: Web technologies, SaaS Platforms, Field Support and Branch Operations, IT Security & Compliance, Package Applications, Supply chain, Digital Media Management, and application development methodologies, and/or application development tools/techniques/practices
• Track record for delivering quality solutions and meeting customer satisfaction measures
• Experienced in translating business requirements into technical specifications and in developing prototypes and in launching pilot tests
• Experience working for a major studio supporting ServiceNow Systems Administrator certification
• ServiceNow Implementation Specialist certification strongly preferred
• Proven and demonstrated consulting experience (problem solver with attention to detail, resourcefulness.
• Demonstrated ability to work and use SDLC/SCRUM and Kanban as a delivery methodology
• Experience with Web Technologies like XML, HTML and Web Services.
• Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN and SSL
• Strong communication skills (active listener, think before acting, superb verbal and writing skills)
• Working with clients to assess current state of tools and processes and define approach to transition to a service-based organization
• Proven experience in Agile Project Management
• Experience in crafting solutions leveraging global delivery model
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios